In this article, I have covered what to do if YouTube keeps saying something went wrong? For iOS app and Android YouTube app. Most users may have experienced low and poor video quality, slow video or loading as well as buffering and playback to retry on the iOS YouTube app. This error might come due to the internet service provider (ISP) or mobile carrier plan like 3G, 4G network difference; many users connected through Personal Hotspot within a single internet connection; either issues with software/ hardware or a problem in playing a video.
You might get YouTube video iOS app irksome playback error Tap to retry to solve using under listed ways.
Best Steps to troubleshoot YouTube error Playback error tap to retry on iPhone, iPad & Android OS. This instruction is guided on Google because YouTube has operated by them.
YouTube Keeps Showing Tap to Retry Error on iPhone
#1. Update YouTube App and iPhone
If any updates available for the YouTube app in the apple store, first check it and update it.
- Go to the App Store > Updates > Find App and Update
For iOS 13 and later users: Follow the bottom steps to update Youtube App
- Open the App Store App
- Next tap on Profile ID appears on the upper-right side
now scroll the screen and find the YouTube app under the update section. this is the all-new way to update apps in iOS 13 or later iPhone models.
- Tap on the Update button next to the YouTube app and get started to load the new version. Wait till the update and click on the Open button next to the Youtube app on the same screen.
Fixed: YouTube Not Working on iPhone [Fixed all Problems]
Maybe youtube service down for your regions (http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/youtube.com.html). You can check up and downtime.
- To Update iPhone: Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update.
#2. Update Modem Firmware
You should check your Modem firmware version; if its update has available, then you should do the update it first.
- Go to the Settings App > General > Software update (Check for Update).
#3. Uninstall iOS YouTube app
I think you should also follow the given steps to clear your YouTube app issues for playback error Tap to retry.
- Uninstall the YouTube app,
- Reboot your iDevice and then (Reboot iPhone 6S and Earlier (Sleep/Wake + Home button until you see the Apple logo on the screen), reboot iPhone 7, reboot iPhone X/8/8 Plus)
- install the YouTube app again from the App Store
#4. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
The Airplane mode can refresh the network settings of your iPhone, so we would suggest you enable it once and then disable it to make sure network connections are working properly. From the notification bar, tap on Airplane mode.
#5. Force Close YouTube and Retry-After 30 seconds
One of the suggested tricks by Google when “500 Internal Server Error” or “No Connection” on YouTube app appears iPhone, then force close the YouTube app and re-load the video after a few seconds.
#6. Make Sure YouTube App is Allowed to Use Cellular Data
If No connection error or any other error pops up while playing video over cellular data, then you need to ensure that the YouTube app is allowed to use and play videos over cellular data.
How to Turn ON Cellular Data for YouTube App
- Open the Settings > Cellular > Use cellular data for > Turn ON Cellular Data > Turn ON YouTube.
If the above solution doesn’t work then you must check another article on Can’t Turn ON Cellular Data for Individual Apps.
In case, the above ways do not revamp your YouTube error then if you can only try beneath given directions.
- Change default DNS Server settings on your iPhone /iPad
- Reset Network Settings of your iPhone – iPad, iPod
- Restart/reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Why does my YouTube app keep saying Something went Wrong, Tap to Retry?
- Step #1. Swipe down the video to minimize
- Step #2. Swipe from right to release the video
- Step #3. Find and search the video again on YouTube search
That’s it. You can try the Sign-out YouTube app and log in back by entering a valid email id.
How to Adjust Video Quality on the YouTube App
You can adjust video quality such as high definition video, low clarity to high clarity everything using this source Adjust video quality on iPhone YouTube app.
Tricks work on iPhone 11 Pro max, XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S Plus, iPhone 5S/iPhone 5.
Get More: Fix iOS Youtube App not working on iPhone/ iPad
You can share your experience with us for, this post on Playback error Tap to retry in the iOS YouTube app. Write to us in the comment box if not solve your problem through the given ways.