For whatever reasons, you want to move or copy your old backup data saved by iTunes to other location or External drive. So, here is the guide on how to transfer iPhone Backup to External Drive from Mac. It also works on Mac OS X. It’s an official way to find the hidden backup folder from Mac without any third-party software or bypass in Storage drive.
Due to the security cause your Backup file does not show up/ Viewable to no one or you. That prevents from accidental delete or changes.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
You might Also like Best Large Capacity External Drive.
Step by Step guide on iPhone Backup to External Drive from Mac: macOS
1: Open Finder on Mac screen (Macbook, iMac, Mac mini).
2: From the Top menu bar, click on the Go option.
3: Press and hold Command key, Expanded Go menu show up one more option, mark it carefully.
Enter this path and Click on Go: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Or Manually find the Backup folder from this path: – Click on “Library” Next Under Library folder > Application Support > Mobile Sync > Backup
Copy this folder and move into other Places or External devices.
Note Mobile sync folder not renamed or created by the third-party application. It’s a macOS system name. Most of the people feel and confusing about unrevealed folder name.
Manage Backup on Finder/iTunes on Mac/PC
macOS Catalina or later macOS users have not iTunes, Becuase iTunes is shutdown officially of the latest macOS. So Follow the below steps for manage Old backup from Finder window on Mac. You didn’t like every time auto-backup start when connecting to Mac/ PC via iTunes/Finder for copy music or video to iPhone/ iPad. Yes, That we can manage it from setting.
Use Finder for mange Backup on macOS Catalina or later
- Open Finder on Mac computer.
- Next, Connect your iPhone to Mac, Unlock your iPhone and Enter passcode it asked for Trust this mac.
- Now, Wait for few seconds, Your iOS device name will appear on the Finder sidebar.
- Go to the Backup section, From there we can manage old backups under Manage Backup option and Take a new backup using the Backup Now option.
- From the list of old backup, Right-click on particular backup and Go with the Show in Finder option. So your mac will open a Finder window and the exact backup location on mac local drive
- That’s it. Now we have an easy to copy this folder to the external drive.
Use iTunes on macOS High Sierra & Earlier, Windows PC
To Stop automatically back up Follow the below steps
- Open iTunes on Mac/ PC.
- From Top Menu under iTunes, Click on System Preferences.
- And on Horizontal Tabs, Under the Devices > Enable Checkbox to Prevent iPods, iPhone, and iPad from syncing automatically.
Some third-party software or extractor works to extract different types of iOS data (Contacts, Messages, Photos and more) from old Back up.
More fix and Troubleshooting guide share your speech on the comment box. It also gives a rating about how useful the way to find iPhone Backup to External Drive from Mac with macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, macOS Sierra, EI Capitan or Other Operating System.