Update Your old tricks for a stop or Reduce Mobile data usage in iOS 12 on iPhone and iPad. We can set limits and save lots of data in a day from waste. That also helps in your Data pack or Bill amount. Extra benefits are using the fast internet and save battery life by reducing data packet load and waste time on load data on the app (Mail App, Social app, Maps and many other) or Browser (Safari, Chrome).
Limit on mobile data usage optimizes internet data connectivity on the poor network or out of coverage. Till now Apple doesn’t give an option for set alert or notification for over limit data use on iPhone or iPad. But some carriers providing Messaging service on remaining data or usage data through text message.
A tremendous alternate option is keep installed Mobile carrier app and sign in with your account. Know updated status on Running data or Voice plan, Available balance, credit, and Offers.
A bunch of tactics through you can learn what to do to limit data usage in iOS 11 running on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Tricks to Reduce Mobile Data usage on iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8Plus7/7Plus & Save Cellular Data usage
- 1. Disable AutoPlay Videos on All Apps
- 2. Disable Automatica Downloads using Cellular Data
- 3. Turn off Cellular Data for iCloud
- 4. Turn toggle Wi-Fi Assist Off/white
- 5. Disable Background App Refresh for Cellular Data
- 6. Turn off Cellular Data for Apple Music
- 7. Turn on Low-Quality Image Mode
- 8. In not needed, turn off Cellular Data
- 9. Reduce data when you are watching Netflix & YouTube
- 10. See which App usage too much data on iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8Plus7/7Plus
- 11. Disable Location Services
Tricks to Reduce Mobile Data usage on iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8Plus7/7Plus & Save Cellular Data usage
1. Disable AutoPlay Videos on All Apps
This is a new feature in iOS 11 and later App store os be carefully and turn off AutoPlay Videos in App Store while Cellular Data is turned on. Otherwise, your iDevice will eat too much data in iOS 12.
Go to the Settings > iTunes & App Stores.
Scroll down to the AutoPlay Videos > choose Off or Wi-Fi only.
Also, disable auto-play video in the social app,
- Turn off autoplay video on Twitter
- Stop Autoplay video on Facebook
- Disable Autoplay video on Instagram
2. Disable Automatica Downloads using Cellular Data
Disable auto app update and download from App Store on Mobile data.
Go to the Settings on the iOS device.
Now, Tap on iTunes & App Stores
Next, See the Automatic Downloads section, I would like to recommend turn off (Music, Apps, Books & Audiobooks and Updates).
Also, disable media file download from the app-specific settings like WhatsApp (Open WhatsApp > Settings > Data and Storage Usage > Enable Photos, Audio and Videos for Wi-Fi Only or Enable Low Data Usage).
3. Turn off Cellular Data for iCloud
Now Auto Backup Text, Photos, Contacts and Document into iCloud consume more data in the background. Now, Set restriction for iCloud Drive, Keep Disabled iCloud Drive Toggle
With this option, iCloud Drive only uses Wi-Fi for transfer data to iCloud.
4. Turn toggle Wi-Fi Assist Off/white
Disable This, Preventing to use or Turn on Cellular data automatically when Wi-Fi not available or Poor connection.
5. Disable Background App Refresh for Cellular Data
Live App (Maps, Stock, Weather, and many others) use the internet while not in use but running in the background. So stop all app background process from settings.
Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Next, Tap on General > Background App Refresh
Select off or Wi-Fi.
6. Turn off Cellular Data for Apple Music
Video and Music consume more internet source that other text, picture, and Other files. For the Apple, Music disables Streaming and Download for apple music.
Go to the Settings > Music.
Next, Tap on Cellular Data > Disable
7. Turn on Low-Quality Image Mode
This mode plays a significant role to save mobile data usage in iOS 11 or later device.
Message app: Enable low-quality mode, After Enable this option images sent will be of lower quality. Go to the Settings > Messages > Low-Quality Image Mode Enable it.
8. In not needed, turn off Cellular Data
This smart way to save battery for a long time. Now in iOS 11- iOS 12, we can disable Cellular Data from control center or iPhone Settings app.
Read more: Customise control center, Add new control.
9. Reduce data when you are watching Netflix & YouTube
For Netflix app users
Open Netflix app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Screen.
Next, Tap on Netflix menu icon, then select App settings.
Now, Tap on Cellular Data Usage
Choose your preferred settings from six different estimated data usage.
For YouTube App
Open YouTube app on the iOS device.
Tap on Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Now, Tap on Settings
Enable Play HD on Wi-Fi only, That means cellular data don’t stream HD video.
This trick may work for other apps that using media, Video streaming. And Reduce high Data usage all the time
10. See which App usage too much data on iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/X/8Plus7/7Plus
Know list of apps used data for the Specific period.
Otherwise, Reset Statistics data and Re-Map or Measure which app uses how much data?
Go to the Settings > Cellular > Scroll Down and Find list off app. (Disable or Enable app use data)
11. Disable Location Services
None-GPS or None-location based app sometimes track the location and use Data usage in the background. To disable it from iPhone settings for all the apps or selective app.
Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad.
Next, Tap on Privacy > Location Services and Disable toggle.
Also find by Scroll down and Set never for the specific app from the list.
Above tricks, you can apply on other Mobile platforms.
Otherwise, you would pay overage fees for the data usage. To avoid such thing to happen then it is wise for you to learn some tricks to reduce mobile data usage on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.