Table of Contents Show
- Fix AirPlay Stuck On Loading, Not Working, Slow Performance
AirPlay mirroring is one of the best features of Apple until you are having performance issues with AirPlay while using it with Apple TV or iOS device. In this short guide, I’ll walk you through, some of the potential troubleshooting to fix the Slow AirPlay, AirPlay Stuck on Loading, Apple TV 4K AirPlay Stutter, and few tips to fix the AirPlay performance issues real fast.
You may face Video Stuttering, Video Lagging, Dropped Connections and other related issues, while AirPlay, if that is the problem you are dealing with, it can be fixed with this tutorial. Moreover, we would like to hear from you, which trick did work for you to improve the performance from this article and other than that feel free to shot a trick that worked for you, if not mentioned in this article.
Related: What is AirPlay to Mac in MacOS
Fix AirPlay Stuck On Loading, Not Working, Slow Performance
Pro Tip: Enable 2.4GHz and 5GHz, both and allot them different SSIDs for great performance, if you have a dual-band router.
Solution 1: Disable Bluetooth
Bluetooth might be interfering with the AirPlay connection, so it’s better to turn off Bluetooth while using AirPlay.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to Bluetooth and disable it.
Solution 2: Check the Internet Connectivity
Better be stay close to your Wi-Fi router and in range for strong internet connection. Despite, using Wi-Fi with Apple TV, directly plug the Ethernet cable for faster and reliable speed.
Contact your internet service provider if you feel the speed is slower than usual.
Solution 3: Restart iPhone, Apple TV, and Router
A quite reasonable solution is to restart whatever device is used while AirPlay-ing on Apple TV, whether it is iPhone, Apple TV, Wi-Fi router or any other device.
To restart the iPhone,
- For iPhone 8 or later, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume down button and then press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7/7Plus, press and hold the Volume down button and power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 6S/6SPlus, press and hold the Home button and sleep/wake button and release when the Apple logo displays on the screen.
To restart Apple TV, power off the Apple TV and unplug the Power Cord, after few a minute or two, plug the power cord and turn on the Apple TV.
To restart the Wi-Fi router, unplug the power adapter and after a minute plug it back.
Solution 4: Update Apple TV, iPhone, Mac, and Wireless Router
The next thing to do is, update all of the devices, including iOS, macOS, tvOS and of course the wireless router. It might be possible that all of AirPlay’s performance is degraded due to outdated software on all of these devices.
To update iOS, go to the Settings app > General > Software Update.
To update macOS,
- For macOS Mojave or later, click on the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
- For macOS High Sierra or earlier, go to the App Store > Update tab and select Update
To update tvOS,
After following the steps to update tvOS, if there is any pending software update available Download & Install it. Make sure to connect Apple TV to an internet connection and don’t turn off the TV while update.
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, Settings > System > Software Updates and then Update Software.
- Apple TV 3rd Generation, Settings > General > Software Updates > Update Software.
To update the Wireless Router, depending upon your router brand, ask or search for the steps to update the router firmware.
Solution 5: Move Other Electrical Devices
Several advanced electrical gadgets like a microwave oven or any other that used high power may cause issues and AirPlay stops working like before or Apple TV AirPlay stuttering audio. If you have such electrical devices near the Apple TV then consider moving them away and see if AirPlay performance issues are fixed or not.
Solution 6: Enable WISH and QoS
WISH refers to Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling and QoS refers to Quality of Service are advanced technology that is built-in to your wireless router, usually the latest ones. Enable if your router has this setting, it will make AirPlay smooth.
Solution 7: Change Router
While using Ethernet with Apple TV, AirPlay works without buffering or hiccups, then the problem is with your wireless router. If it is in warranty, then contact the respective brand for repair or at least let them diagnose the router and if you feel it, the router is old then buy one, but make sure to get the latest one with dual-band or tri-band.