Get effortless side by Side apps and Apps over Apps on your iPad screen using New Slide over and Split view features for iPad in iOS 11. Sometimes iPad users reported Slide over Split view or Split Screen on iPad Not Working or Suddenly Stop after update iOS or Wrong Settings. Yes, we can also Enable or Disable Split View or Slide over functionality, multitasking in iOS 11/ iOS 11.0.1/ iOS 11.0.2/ iOS 11.2.2 and later version.
Get the Useful guide: How to use Safari Windows in Split View on iPad.
- 1 Steps for Fix Split View and Split Screen on iPad Not Working on iPad/ Mini/ Pro/ Air
- 1.1 First Check: Split View and Slide over Supported to your iPad
- 1.2 Enable Multitasking from iPad Settings
- 1.3 How to use Slide over > Split View on iPad Screen
- 1.4 Restart or Force Reboot iPad
- 1.5 Reset All Settings
- 1.6 Slide over or Split Screen on iPad not working on Landscape mode
- 1.7 Force Close Split View Screen and Rearrange apps
- 1.8 Related Posts:
Steps for Fix Split View and Split Screen on iPad Not Working on iPad/ Mini/ Pro/ Air
First Check: Split View and Slide over Supported to your iPad
Slide Over & Split View Supported iPad
- Slide Over Supported iPad Models: iPad Pro 10.5 inch, 9.7 inch iPad Pro (1st & 2nd Generation), iPad Mini 4 (7.9 inch), 9.7 inch iPad
- Split View Supported Models: iPad Pro 10.5, 9.7 inches iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4 – 7.9 inch, 9.7 inch iPad.
- Incompatible iPad Model for Split View and Slide over: iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3 and iPad Air
Enable Multitasking from iPad Settings
Go to the Settings > General > Multitasking & Dock > Allow Multiple Apps.
How to use Slide over > Split View on iPad Screen
First open the single app on screen, Drag or move other app icons from dock or Spotlight search on first opened the app.
Now, the Dragged app automatically open in specific app canvas and overplayed on the app.
To convert it into Split View (Side by Side), Move second app’s top edge and set in the partition of the screen, Change App view ration using edge between two apps on the screen.
Restart or Force Reboot iPad
Press & Hold Power Key + Home button until you see Black Screen and Apple Logo.
Unlock the Screen using passcode if enabled.
Reset All Settings
Go to the Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Slide over or Split Screen on iPad not working on Landscape mode
On iPad, enable auto-rotate option from iPad control center, Access control center on App Switcher Screen.
Force Close Split View Screen and Rearrange apps
Use Swipe up Gesture, Slide finger from bottom edge screen to top screen, now you are on apps Switcher screen with Small screen previews.
Slide screen that we want to close, Find Split view screen and Drag it upward.
You might also like this,
- How to use Drag and Drop on iPad
- Disable Most recent apps from dock on iPad
- Dock not Showing on iPad
- How to use Split view on Mac
Above is the troubleshooting tip, hope you enjoyed and fixed issues on Split view or Split Screen on iPad Not Working on running iOS 11.