Table of Contents Show
- Turn On/Off Grammarly to Microsoft Office on Mac
- How to add Grammarly to Microsoft Office on Mac
- How To Get Grammarly Add-In On Word In Mac
- How To Turn On And Off Grammarly Desktop On Word In Mac?
- How to Use Grammarly on Microsoft Word Web?
- Why Is Grammarly Not Showing In Word?
- Bottom Line
- Does Grammarly Integrate With Word On Mac?
- Can I Download The Grammarly Add-In On My Mac?
- How Do Add Grammarly To My Word Toolbar?
- How Do I Turn On Grammar Check In Word For Mac?
- Does Grammarly Work On Microsoft Word?
Grammarly is one of the well-known writing tools to prevent poor email writing or inadequately structured blogs. And it’s comparatively more advanced than the other Grammarly Checker Extension, including Microsoft Word. And that’s the reason users prefer Grammarly to integrate with Word on Mac.
If that’s what you are looking for – here in this how-to guide, I will show the steps to add Grammarly to Microsoft Office on Mac.
Turn On/Off Grammarly to Microsoft Office on Mac
To know, how to download the Grammarly add-in on your Mac, read this complete article.
How to add Grammarly to Microsoft Office on Mac
To use Grammarly with Word on Mac, the first this you need to do is install Grammarly on Mac using the below steps.
1→ Go to Grammarly.com. Enter Email ID, Password, and your Name.
2→ You will receive 6-Digit Code on registered email address.
3→ From the Welcome To Grammarly Screen, select the one from School, Work, or Other Projects. And then click on Continue.
4→ Next, you will receive a Tell Us About Your Team. You will receive three drop-downs; My Primary Function, My Company Size Is, and My Role Is. Choose as per your preferences and select Continue. Or you can choose Skip.
5→ Similarly, you get I Want To Help With screen. From there, choose any of the two options. And click on Continue.
6→ From the I Write In The Following Apps And Websites, choose Word, then click Continue.
7→ Select Grammarly For Mac.
8→ You will receive Do You Want To Allow Downloads On the “www.grammarly.com” drop-down, choose Allow.
9→ Once the downloading finishes, click on Download Icon from the top-right. And double-click on the Grammarly File.
10→ Double-click on Grammarly Icon. Now you will receive a prompt “Grammarly Installer” Is An App Downloaded From Internet. Are You Sure You Want To Open It. Choose the Open Button.
11→ Next, click on Grant Access.
- You will be navigated to Privacy & Security; enable the toggle next to Grammarly. Further, give confirmation using a Password or Touch ID. And choose Continue To Grammarly.
- Mac screen will prompt Do You Want To Allow This Page To Open Grammarly Desktop”? Choose Allow.
Open Word and create a new file, and there you will find the Grammarly Widget at the bottom right,
But if you don’t add Grammarly in macOS, use the add-in option for Grammarly as given below steps.
How To Get Grammarly Add-In On Word In Mac
If you want to install Grammarly add-in only on word instead of a complete Mac, follow the steps below.
1→ Go to Microsoft Word. From the top menu bar, choose Insert. Search and select Add-Ins. In the Add-Ins dropdown, choose Get Add-Ins.
2→ Now search for Grammarly in the search field.
3→ Click the Continue button to Start using Grammary on a Word document.
4→ As a result, you will get a Grammarly Add-In Card. From there, click on Get It Now Button.
5→ Sign in with your Grammarly account or create a new one. Enter the preferable account in the email field.
- Add the on-screen instructions: Name, Job Title, Company Name, Country/Region, and Phone Number.
- Lastly, click on Get It Now Button.
- After this, select the Open In Word Button. Up next, click on Open Microsoft Word.
- From the right sidebar, choose Trust This Add-In. It will be added to the Toolbar of Microsoft Word.
6→ Now select Grammarly from Toolbar. Choose Open Grammarly.
7→ Click on Log-In To Grammarly from the right sidebar.
You will be navigated to Sign-In page. Select one from three options; Sign-In With Google, Sign-In With FaceBook, and Sign-In With Apple ID. For instance, Sign-In With Apple ID. Enter the Administrator Name & Password or Touch ID. That’s It! The Grammarly extension will added.
How To Turn On And Off Grammarly Desktop On Word In Mac?
If you are both a formal and informal writer, you can enable and disable Grammarly on Word. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open the Microsoft Word. Create a new file.
- Now, choose the Grammarly Icon from the right-bottom corner.
- Once after this, click on the Settings Gear Icon.
- Next, you will receive two options, Turn Off Grammarly In Microsoft Word, and Turn Off Grammarly In Microsoft Word For 30 Minutes. Select the one as per your need.
After turning it off, click on the Grammarly Icon from the menu bar if you want to re-enable it. Choose Settings…
Go to Block List menu. And then click on Remove Icon next to Microsoft Word. That’s It!
How to Use Grammarly on Microsoft Word Web?
1→ Download and install Grammarly for Safari from the Mac App store.
Why Is Grammarly Not Showing In Word?
There are specific reasons for Grammarly for word Mac not working; Enabled Firewall, Antivirus, and Glitches within the application. And at last, error with your Grammarly ID. If you are facing the same issue – follow our guide on how to fix Grammarly not working on Microsoft Word on Mac.
Adding Grammarly on Microsoft Word in Mac will definitely enhance writing skills. If you haven’t yet added, follow our article!
Does Grammarly Integrate With Word On Mac?
If you are a formal writer, the great news is you can add Grammarly Add-Ins or Grammarly Desktop apps on Word on Mac. On the other hand, if you want to have it on your Word application, you can follow the guide mentioned above.
Can I Download The Grammarly Add-In On My Mac?
Yes, you can add the Grammarly Add-Ins if you want to use Grammarly only on Word on Mac. The process is simple to perform, and what’s great is that we have mentioned in under how to get Grammarly add-in on word in Mac. So do follow it, and get your work done.
How Do Add Grammarly To My Word Toolbar?
First, to add Grammarly to the word toolbar, open the Microsoft Word App. Select Insert from the menu bar. Next, choose Add-Ins > Get Add-Ins. Now in the search field, enter Grammarly. You will receive a Grammarly Card, and from there, click on Get It Now. And then follow on-screen instructions.
How Do I Turn On Grammar Check In Word For Mac?
Once you install the Grammarly Add-Ins, click on Grammarly from the menu bar in word. Click on Open Grammarly. Then select Log-in To Grammarly, and further follow on-screen instructions.
Does Grammarly Work On Microsoft Word?
Yes, Grammarly is designed for all ecosystems. So whether you want Grammarly for Mac pages or Microsoft Word, it does work with them.