Last Updated on Dec 31, 2019
Here’s everything about health app data which is saved on your iPhone or iPod. In mostly, Apple iOS devices allow their users to backup/export their health app all data. However, unluckily, there is a no button inside the health app to import/ restore data back on other iPhones. So that I will give you the easiest way to backup and restore health app data on the iPhone, iPod touch.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Some iPhone users experiencing lost health data after the update, So take action to Prevent data lose on the Upgrade system or iOS device. Use Export Features available in Apple Heath App that I guide for all iOS devices.
If you bought a new iPhone and want to export all health data on your new iPhone then this Import/export health app data post will become most helpful.
Compatible models: iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6/5S, iPhone 4S and iPad models.
Step to Backup and Restore Health App data on iPhone, iPod Touch
Steps to backup/ Export All health data
For iOS 13 & Later Users
- Open Health App on the iPhone home screen.
- 2. Next, Tap on the Profile icon at the top corner of the iOS device screen.
- 3. Scroll down the screen and at the last “Export Health Data.”
- 4. Next, Tap on an Export button within a pop-up show in the display.
- Wait for seconds, next to your screen show different sharing or storage options.
Now exported File into standard XML format compatible with mostly all third-party apps
For iOS 12 and earlier users,
- Open the Health app on iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Go to Health Data or Today Tab from the bottom of the app screen, See the Profile at the top right corner of the screen.
- The last option on the screen is “Export Health Data“.
Wait on this screen, until you see popup windows with the Export option. Next, to an Export option, you will use Different saving options in Popup. Use Below option,
Wait for Box, Files App, Drive, Mail, Messages, Third-party Health apps or Other Social apps.
Save & Done.
Note: We can also use a Thir-party app for import/Export Health Data, Read at last of this tutorial.
Useful Guide: Health app not Working & counting steps on the iPhone.
For iOS 10 or Earlier:
- Step 1. Lunch health app on your iPhone or iPod
- Step 2. Tap on Health Data bottom on the Screen
- Step 3. Tap on All
- Step 4. Now tap on Square and the arrow button appears top-right side.
- Step 5. You will get a popup – Are you sure that you want to export your data? This may take a few moments.
- So tap on Export
- Step 6. Now wait 5 seconds to getting Share options
- Tap on Mail and enter your iCloud email ID to send export.Zip file in your
How to Restore/ Import health app data on iPhone, iPod Using Apps
Now if you want to restore/ import health app data then there is no built-in option to restore so for that you need a third-party app that has a feature to import data. The Health Data Importer and Health Importer is a similar app so download it and get started to import your all health data on your new or other iPhone or iPod Touch.
The health importer app will import your health app data from CSV file format, which already you have in the mail. The app work as a restore health app data from email to health app. it doesn’t share your data anywhere or not stored, too.
- Step 1. Now open export health data attachment mail on the email app
- Step 2. Tap and hold on export.Zip file (email attachment)
- Step 3. Now tap on the open in Health importer
So there, an app will automatically launch a health importer. So you will be able to map the data you have exported already. Tap on each point to be mapped, starting with a start. Map it perfect way and tap on Save.
It will take a moment to complete the import process.
Premium Support is Free Now
So in the end, launch a health app, you should see freshly imported health app data. If nothing appears then wait a moment until refresh all the data you just imported.
Share your caption in the comment box and tell us, how’s seems way to backup and restore health app data on the iPhone, iPod touch.