Are you unable to get notified of your current reminder sound? Or, the sound is too boring? Whatever the reason, changing the reminder notification sound on iPhone & iPad is quite handy. You can select a tone offered by iPhone, set a custom tone, or use the Garage Band. Let’s check how to change the reminder notification sound on iPhone & iPad.
How do I change the notification sound for Reminders on iPhone
Below is the complete procedure to change reminder notification sound on iPhone & iPad. After that, read our article on how to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone.
Steps to change reminder notification sound on iPhone & iPad
- Go to the Settings App on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and select Sounds & Haptics.
- Tap on Reminder Alerts.
- In the alert tone menu, you’ll see a list of tones. Select the one you want liked.
- Similarly, you’ll see the customized ringtone you created in the Ringtones Menu. Choose the one of your choice.
How to set a reminder on an iPhone with Alarm
- Open the Reminder App on your iPhone.
- Tap New Reminder on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Give a title and notes to your reminder.
- Tap (i) Details Menu.
- In the next screen, enable the toggle next to the Time and then configure the desired time.
- Next, select the Date you want to configure the reminder.
- If you have an iPhone running iOS 17 & later version, then you can set Early Reminder. For this, select the Early Reminder drop-down and choose desired to be notified before the reminder actually sounds.
How to set alarm in clock app for reminder with a proper label name
- Go to the Clock App on your iPhone.
- Tap Alarm Menu at the bottom.
- Select + Icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- First of all, configure the time.
- Then select the day you want to repeat the reminder.
- Give a Label to your reminder.
- Configure desired sound for your reminder.
- Disable or enable the toggle next to Snooze.
No sound on reminders on iPhone? Here are essential solutions!
If you’re experiencing no sound on reminders on your iPhone, then here are some of the basic troubleshooting steps that you must try out.
Check Volume & Silent Mode: First, ensure your iPhone volume is configured to maximum and not in silent mode. When the device is in silent mode, most sounds, including the reminder, aren’t audible.
Check Sound Settings: Next, you must check if your iPhone’s ‘Ringer & Alert’ isn’t configured to low volume. For this, head to the Settings App on your iPhone > Sounds & Haptics > In the Ringer & Alert Menu, the volume slider to maximum.
Disable Do Not Disturb: If you have enabled Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone, then it will surpass the sound. So go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and ensure it’s turned off.
Restart your iPhone: Often, the normal restart can resolve the problem. Press either the Volume Button and Side Key simultaneously. Drag the Power Off Slider to turn your iPhone off. Please wait 30 seconds and then press & hold the Side Key to turn it back on.
Software Update: Running an iPhone on an older iOS version can cause certain issues, including no sound on reminders on iPhone. So to check for it, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Now let your device check for updates; if available, tap Download & Install.
Reset All Settings: If the issue continues, you must reset all settings of your iPhone. It’s possible that your device’s settings are the leading cause of problem and that resetting all settings will bring your device back to default settings. For this, read our article on how to reset all settings on iphone.
This is how you can change the reminder notification sound on iPhone & iPad. I hope the above how-to guide clears your query.
Can reminders on iPhone have a sound?
Yes, a reminder on an iPhone can have an associated sound with them. When you create a personalized or edit reminder, you can configure it as an alert. This alert can include a sound that will play when the reminder’s time or when you arrive at the location.
How do loud sound to my iPhone Reminders?
Unfortunately, there is no way to increase the sound of the iPhone’s reminder. However, you must configure the reminder, which is comparatively louder than the current reminder sound. Head to Settings > Sound & Haptics > Reminder Alert > try each sound and select the louder ringtone.