Apple iPad Pro users are reporting that the Face ID is not working in iPad Pro, which is unbearable. We are here to share you some tricks that will definitely help you to fix face ID not working in iPad Pro.
If your iPad Pro has Touch ID and isn’t scanning or verifying your Finger on Home button, Find the solution here on iPad Pro Touch ID not working.
Fix Face ID issues on your iPad Pro or later Face ID-compatible models.
Solution 1: Hard Reboot iPad Pro
This solution also works, if you are failed to set up your Face ID and unable to Detect Face on your iPad Pro’s Face ID Setup. Just hard Reboot and Complete the process.
Before going to lengthy troubleshoots, we will start with basic one, which is hard to reboot iPad Pro to fix Face ID not working issue in iPad. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix most frustrating problems in iPad Pro. Learn how to hard reboot iPad Pro.
Keep your Face Proper in a front camera of iPad Pro, and the big Question is this,
Where is face id camera on iPad pro?
Not an Easy for the new iPad users, Who are scanning face first time. For that, you have ideas about Frond Face ID camera on iPad Pro. how does face id work on iPad pro? where is face id camera on iPad pro and scan? that record your Face First during setup on your iPad only. You can’t take a backup of Face ID recording or share with another iOS device or your Friend’s iPad Pro.
you can add another Face in single iPad pro using Alternate Appearance like iPhone. See solution 4 in this article.
Solution 2: Reset and Setup Face ID
It might be possible that the iPad Pro-face ID is facing some serious issues or bugs, so for that, you must reset and set up the face ID in iPad Pro. This will not take much of your time. Head over to reset face ID on iPad Pro,
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Step #3: Lastly, select “Reset Face ID”.
We want to suggest you remove the glass or lens before setting up the Face ID. Anything that covers your face will create difficulties for TrueDepth camera to identify yourself.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings” app on iPad Pro.
- Step #2: Select “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Step #3: Tap “Set Up Face ID”.
- Step #4: Hold your iPad Pro right in front of your face. The distance of iPad and your face should not be more than arm’s length.
- Note: If you can’t move your head as per the instructions then you can select “Accessibility Option” from the screen.
- Step #5: Complete your first Face ID scan, and tap “Continue”.
- Step #6: Again move your head and complete the second face ID scan.
- Step #7: Tap “Done”.
Solution 3: Check Face ID Settings
To use Face ID in a particular function, you will need to enable it. So if you haven’t allowed the Face ID to unlock your iPad or Apple Pay or Password Autofill or iTunes and App Store, then Face ID will not work in iPad Pro. Make sure to enable them.
- Step #1: Open up the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Locate “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Step #3: Under Use Face ID, enable the options that you want to use Face ID for.
Solution 4: Add an Alternate Appearance
If you are a person that changes appearances now and then, then you should probably add an alternate appearance so that Face ID still can identify your face. There are some people, who look vastly different or due to some changes. For them, settings an alternate appearance is the best way.
- Step #1: Visit the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Face ID & Passcode”.
- Step #3: On the bottom, you will see “Set Up an Alternative Appearance”.
- Step #4: Now, face your iPad Pro and make sure nothing covers your iPad Pro’s TrueDepth Camera as well as your Face.
- Step #5: If you have a problem in moving your head then select “Accessibility Options”.
- Step #6: Move your head and complete the first face ID scan.
- Step #7: Likewise finish the second face ID scan.
- Step #8: Tap “Done”, once setup is completed.
Solution 5: Check for Updates
Keeping iPad Pro up to date is mandatory otherwise you may face problems like this in your device. So kindly update your iPad if any update is pending to fix Face ID not working iPad Pro.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Select “Software Update”.
- Step #4: You will see the update screen if any update is pending for your iPad.
Is there an issue with Camera? Hand over to Apple
Rare cases you got the problem on Face ID due to Front Selfie camera. Sometimes heavy bump and fell down iPad pro creating problems like this. At the time you can go with the Apple Genius bar. Who know easily and fix quickly, if free or according to Apple company rules.
Let’s Talk online first and be ready to go nearby apple service center without west of time. Create a Repair Request online and All the Best for good luck.