Last Updated on Mar 6, 2020
Today, Facebook-owned messaging service WhatsApp latest version 2.19.20 available on the App Store with the new settings called Screen Lock. Using this new feature, you can lock your App with Touch ID and Face ID iPhones.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
So after enabling Screen Unlock for WhatsApp, your app has one new layer for security and your text conversion will stay safe and secure. To do this feature turn on, let’s see the steps by steps guide to enable Touch ID for WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Before getting started following steps, make sure that you have the latest WhatsApp installed.
Open the Apps Store, enter WhatsApp into the search bar and confirm that you have the latest version. WhatsApp version 2.19.20 is the latest for the Screen unlock feature.
Now, Let’s Check How to Enable Touch ID/Face ID for WhatsApp on iPhone
Pre-Requisite Steps For Face ID Lock for the Device is not Enabled on Your iPhone
- Here’s Touch ID supported iPhone model Names: iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and iPhone 5S.
- FaceID supported models are iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Before Use Face ID for Different application lock, you should enable or setup Face ID from iPhone settings if not setup yet Like new iPhone or After Reset All Settings. Settings app > Face ID & Passcode > Set up Face ID > That’s it. Now Go with steps below for Use Face ID on the WhatsApp iPhone app.
Enable Face ID on iPhone WhatsApp App
- Step #1. Launch the WhatsApp app on iPhone.
- Step #2.Tap on Settings
- Step #3. Now tap on Account
- Step #4. Choose Privacy
- Step #5. Next, scroll down to Screen lock
- Step #6. Turn the toggle on next to the Require Face ID/Touch ID
As you can see on the screen, you can set touch id required
- After 1 Minute
- After 15 minutes and
- After 1 hour
Also, when enabled users will need to use Touch id or face ID to unlock WhatsApp.
Video to Lock Whatsapp on iPhone Using Face ID
If you’ve any questions concern WhatsApp won’t update, WhatsApp not showing the latest update on the Apps store, then comments below, we’ll help you!
Premium Support is Free Now
Do you want to look at this feature for Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and or Apple’s native iOS Message App then give your feedback in comments!