Today, Facebook-owned messaging service WhatsApp’s latest version is available on the App Store with the new settings called Screen Lock. You can lock your App with Touch ID and Face ID iPhones using this new feature.
So after enabling Screen Unlock for WhatsApp, your app has one new layer for security and your text conversion will stay safe and secure. To do this feature turn on, let’s see the steps by steps guide to enable Touch ID for WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Before getting started, make sure you have the latest WhatsApp installed.
Open the Apps Store, enter WhatsApp into the search bar, and confirm that you have the latest version. WhatsApp version 2.19.20 is the latest for the Screen unlock feature.
Now, Let’s Check How to Enable Touch ID/Face ID for WhatsApp on iPhone
Pre-Requisite Steps For Face ID Lock for the Device is not Enabled on Your iPhone
- Here’s Touch ID-supported iPhone model Names: iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and iPhone 5S.
- FaceID-supported models are iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Before Using Face ID for Different application lock, you should enable or setup Face ID from iPhone settings if not set up yet Like new iPhone or After Reset All Settings. Settings app > Face ID & Passcode > Set up Face ID > That’s it. Now Go with the steps below to Use Face ID on the WhatsApp iPhone app.
Enable Face ID on iPhone WhatsApp App
- Step #1. Launch the WhatsApp app on iPhone.
- Step #2. Tap on Settings
- Step #3. Now tap on Account
- Step #4. Choose Privacy
- Step #5. Next, scroll down to Screen lock
- Step #6. Turn the toggle on next to the Require Face ID/Touch ID
As you can see on the screen, you can set touch id required
- After 1 Minute
- After 15 minutes and
- After 1 hour
Also, users will need to use Touch id or face ID to unlock WhatsApp when enabled.
Video to Lock Whatsapp on iPhone Using Face ID
Even though you can still reply to messages from notification and answer calls if WhatsApp is locked.
If you’ve any questions concern WhatsApp won’t update, or WhatsApp not showing the latest update on the Apps store, then comment below, and we’ll help you!
Do you want to look at this feature for Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and or Apple’s native iOS Message App then give your feedback in comments!