Last Updated on Aug 17, 2020
Being an iPhone user, I’ve been waiting for the Auto-Translation feature in Safari App for long, but it seems like with new iOS, it’ll come around. This tutorial is all about the Google Translate App, which is available for iOS and Android. Its web interface is much easier to use but won’t let you download languages for offline translation, and most importantly, you cannot use it offline. That’s why to translate offline on Google Translate; an App is needed. In many instances, we’ve to travel around the world, mostly at unfamiliar places, where its a bit challenging to understand their people, languages, and communicate with them.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
On another note, you don’t know which area has a good signal and where your phone’s network signal will disappear. In such a situation, if you are well-prepared, communication gets more comfortable in a foreign language. Here Google Translate’s offline translation feature comes in the picture. From the extensive database, you can download any language to the Google Translate App for offline use. Plus, we can convert Document, Banner & Holdings text using the Camera or From Voice input in offline. For once, to download the language package, you would need an internet connection.
How to Use Google Translate Offline on iPhone and Android
We have pictured the steps using the iPhone & Android Google Translate App. However, the settings and app interface are dissimilar. Google Translate app support Camera Photo [Live Convert], Hand Writing, Conversation, and Voice. So This Offline Google Translate App is become handy for the Students under Internet Restrictions, Travel Time, or Business & Personal talk.
How Do I Use Google Translate Offline on iPhone
It would be best if you had a time internet connection to make this feature is enabled. So First you have to download Data from the internet, and After that, it will work in offline mode.
- Connect the iPhone/Android to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Launch the Google Translate App.
- Tap on the Settings tab.
- Select Offline translation.
- Then, tap Plus icon on the top-right corner.
- Search the language that you want to download.
- When the prompt appears, tap Download.
- Under the Downloading section, you’ll see the download progress.
- Now disable the internet connection, and try to translate offline to the language that you’ve downloaded.
How to Use Google Translate Offline on Android
- Connect the phone to the internet.
- Open the Google Translate App.
- Tap on the hamburger menu.
- Hit Offline translation.
- Then to download the language package offline.
- Search the language to download and tap Download.
- Try using Google Translate Offline on Android.
How to Update Google Translate Downloaded Languages
Google keeps releasing the updates for the language packages, to fasten offline translation, maintain accuracy, and introduces new features. So whenever you open the Translate app, make sure to update the downloaded language packages, before using it.
- Don’t forget to connect the phone to the internet connection.
- Go to the Google Translate App.
- Look at the bottom-right side, for the Settings.
- Tap Offline translation.
- You’ll see an Update button below each language package, tap Update individually.
How to Delete Language from the Google Translate
If you are done with downloaded language, then delete the language and free up the iPhone storage. And Turn off Offline Translalte on Google Transplate app.
Premium Support is Free Now
- After connecting the phone to the internet, open the Google Translate App.
- Tap on the Settings.
- Choose Offline translation.
- Next to each downloaded language, tap on the Trash bin to delete the language.
- That’s it.
These are essential tips to convert or Translate Unknown language into Known language using the iPhone or Android Google Translate app free. So keep this google translate app is updated to find new features.