Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
The Notes app on iPhone and Mac is one of the best default application provided by Apple, that allows us to store information, which can later be protected with password for security reasons. In this tutorial, we will show you how to lock notes on iPhone and Mac. Data like bank information, credit card details, personal details, etc. that you don’t want to expose, but still need quick access to it, then Notes app is the ultimate option.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
So here we discuss how to password-protected notes on iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone X, iPhone 8 and earlier models. Apart from password-protected notes on iOS, it is also possible to unlock the notes using Touch ID or Face ID whichever is available in your device. Here’s the stepwise guide on how to password protect Notes on iPhone and Mac.
How to Setup/Enable Password Protection on the Notes app in iPhone/iPad
Learn how to set password protection on Notes app in iPhone and iPad,
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Notes.
- Tap Password.
- There, you will have to choose between iCloud and On My iPhone/iPad.
- To lock notes stored on local storage, select On My iPhone and to lock notes on iCloud, go for iCloud option.
- Enter the Password, Verify it and add a hint if needed.
Note: To use Touch ID/Face ID to unlock notes, it is mandatory to add Touch ID/Face ID on your device.
Alternatively, it is also possible to lock your notes on iPhone and iPad iOS 13, right from the Notes app, here’s how it can be done.
- Launch the Notes app.
- Create a new note or open an existing one.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Select Lock Note.
- Create a password.
For iOS 11 or earlier,
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate Notes.
- Tap on Password protection.
- Type in your favored password then Re-enter Password and type in a password hint.
- Tap on Done.
On the same iPhone screen, you can also see the Touch ID/Face ID button is not on by default. So if you want to open your notes app through Touch ID then make it enable. At all, your note will stay under secure privacy.
So now, whenever you launch notes app at the time you can see Password protected note if you made it before. So to open up password-protected note anybody must require a password to view that note. Without a correct password, it is not possible to view it. Hope, in iOS 10, Apple will give this feature for Photos and message app.
How to Lock Notes on Mac?
Protecting notes on Mac is as simple as iPhone, besides, if your Mac and iOS device are using the same iCloud account, then any action made on notes app in either iPhone or Mac will reflect in another device. For instance, you have locked the notes on iPhone, then to access the notes on Mac, it is necessary to enter the password on Mac Notes app too.
- Launch the Notes app on your Mac.
- Click on Notes > Preferences on the menu bar.
- Select Set Password.
- Enter the strong password. This password will be used on all the notes.
- Get back to the Notes and go to File and choose Lock Note.
- Another way to quickly lock notes on Mac is to open or create a note and click on Lock icon as shown in the picture to enable lock on notes.
- As displayed in the next image, to lock notes, you need to enter the password.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏