Last Updated on Aug 19, 2020
The passcode is essential security for any of your devices – iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch as best privacy or security of your Data, Files and more. For the newbie change/ reset/ enable or disable might be not easy as compare to former folk. Are you one of them, then this post is very useful to turn on/ turn off / Reset iPhone Passcode that’s running on latest iOS and selected Touch ID devices (iPhone 8 Plus & Earlier) as well as Face ID (iPhone X and later Models) very unique technique as an alternative who want your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on very high security.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In case, if you are frustrated on auto-lock your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on ideal your device for a very short time. Then you have to change the screen timeout on your iPhone.
Step to Update/Reset iPhone Passcode
You have already 4 digit passcode or 6 digit passcode or alphanumeric passcode doesn’t matter but before getting bottom steps, you must remember your old passcode to reset new passcode, otherwise, our guide does not help you.
- Step #1: Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Step #2: Navigate Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID & passcode and Tap on it to open passcode setting screen. your phone will ask you to enter your recent passcode to go to the next screen.
- Step #3. Scroll down the screen tap Change passcode. Then Enter your old passcode.
- Step #4: Now Enter Your new Passcode.
Note: On the same screen, you can see Passcode options: Tap to get three more options
- Custome Alphanumeric code [set passcode with Alphabet and numeric digit code for example [email protected]]
- Custom Numeric code
- 4-Digit Numeric Code
So choose one option out of three and follow the on-screen instructions.
Sometimes you get a popup- This Passcode can Be Easily Guessed
Your passcode will be used to unlock this iPhone and to protect access to your data stored in iCloud.
- USE Anyway
- Tap on Change passcode
So enter strong passcode and go next to enter verify new passcode
- you maybe get screen says Enter your new passcode
Passcodes did not match try again.
- in the last wait until the new passcode saves successfully.
You can also customize Passcode Setting manually in your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Under the Passcode setting, you can reset iPhone Passcode and enable or disable for a particular app and action serve by the user. Passcode customization is available from under different ways, depends on your iOS device version, iOS type.
After going with the above steps, you can change below setting manually.
- Update your Passcode on your iOS device. Like Enable or Disable
- Required Passcode: You can set Passcode as an auto-lock on your phone in ideal condition.
- Simple Passcode: in Simple Passcode mode you can set only four-digit Passcode. But if you want secure Passcode then turn off it. And use the latter, special character, and symbol in Passcode.
- Allow Access when Passcode is enabling: Under this option, you have to enable all the app that you can access on locked with Passcode iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Note: in the case are you lost or forgot Passcode for your iPhone and iPad? You can solve it in this way.
Hopefully, you have been changed or reset iPhone Passcode successfully. As well, Also helps for in iPad, iPod touch on iOS.
Premium Support is Free Now
Don’t miss to speech out how this iPhone tip helps you? Comment in below any query and personal guide.