Table of Contents Show
You can increase battery life, Security on your iPhone and iPad device, Using Adjust auto lock screen time on iPhone and iPad. The average time should be best in auto-lock time. If you want to set a minimum time like, 30 seconds, then that’s wrong because it will lock your screen for a short process duration of your iPhone and iPad. So you have to set it on average time (30 seconds to 5 minutes).
Keep Secure Your iPhone 13 [Pro, Max] 11 Pro Max, XS Max, XS, XR [After that easily unlock using Face ID Setup on lock], iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S. iPhone X touch ID removed so you need to use Face ID for unlocking or remove lock after auto-lock on Screen timeout.
Steps to Change Default Time with Adjust or Change Auto-lock Screen Timeout in iPhone, iPad
Using the below steps, I guaranty that you can manage auto-lock time settings in your way on your iPhone and iPad, iPad.
on your iPhone,
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad > Tap on Display & Brightness.
- Tap Auto-Lock. > Now Set time interval in seconds or minute.
- I highly recommend you should keep 30 Seconds because I’m in favor of iPhone battery saving tips. if you wish to keep Turn off Auto lock automatic then select Never.
Note: This option will drain your iPhone’s Battery very fast if you don’t press the Power button for the sleep iPhone screen manually.
Auto-Lock Option is Disabled or Grayed Out
are you not able to change auto-lock screen time on your iPhone because the option is not clickable under the settings of your iPhone? Then it’s restricted by other settings. and the settings are low power mode.
For the Battery consumption, Low Power mode automatically disables the option and sets a minimum duration to save energy from your Screen wake up after use.
- Go to the Settings > Battery > Turn off Low Power Mode toggle.
- That’s it.
Still, you won’t be able to Change the Auto-lock option then Follow the next solution.
Reset All Settings
Reset all settings on your iPhone, set the default value for all of your custom settings, But this option will not erase any data, Like Photos, Videos, Apps, Contacts, Messages, and more.
- Go to the Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- and set the all the settings to default.
- Hope this solution will work. if not then there is an issue with Hardware.
Auto-Lock Not Working
Here are some quick fixes,
- Hard Reboot your iPhone
- Change Screen Time as Explined eralier in this post.
- Reinstall iOS:- Restore your iPhone in Recovery mode.
- Contact Apple Support or Visit Near Apple Service center
Auto Enable Face ID/Touch ID or Passcode on the Screen lock
We also can set Required passcode after auto lock screen, if Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID & Passcode is enabled.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Touch ID & Passcode/Face ID & Passcode.
- Now Enter Passcode (Phone unlock 4-digit or six digits passcode)
- Tap Require Passcode.
- Now Choose interval [1 Minute to 4 Hours] (If iPhone unlock is disabled for touch ID).
For iOS 9, iOS 8,
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and iPad.
2. Under the setting, Tap on the General option.
3. Now click Auto-Lock
4. Set your preferred time as an auto screen lock time.
Select 1 minute to 5 minutes time duration. If you want to lock the iPhone and iPad manually, then click on the Never option.
Tips: Change or Set Wallpaper on Lock screen – Live or Static.
Sweet Deal complete. You have set your iPhone and iPad auto-lock time for all time. You want to change lock timeout then you have to precede the same process given in the above steps.
Let me know if you are getting the problem to Set or Adjust auto lock screen time on iPhone and iPad(on any iOS version).