Table of Contents Show
- Tips on How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac
- Steps for Export iPhone Contacts on Mac Computer
- Case 1: Contacts app not set up before No contacts showing under all contacts
- Case 2: Want Export/ Backup contacts from another account
- Case 3: Export Contact from iCloud only, that’s iPhone use or setup
- Case 4: Remove all contacts and Export from another account
Without iTunes or Third-Party software, take all how to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac on all Versions. You only want to take iPhone contacts before updates. Reset or Erase iPhone, install a new Beta or Developer iOS version, Downgrade to an old iOS Version, and Restore the old backup.
I recommend exporting contacts to your Mac or External Drive for all the cases. Tips also work if you failed to export iCloud contacts from the web browser; an excellent alternate option typically works for all Mac systems.
Pre Requisite: Same Apple ID and Password for access Contacts on Mac. If you forgot your password, reset your Apple ID password.
Tips on How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac
Before Start: Enable iPhone Contacts Sync in iCloud from the Settings app.
Open Settings app on iPhone > Tap on your Profile name > choose iCloud > Scroll and Enable Toggle for contacts.
All your contacts will be uploaded or Backed up in the iCloud account, which is accessible on other apple devices’ Contacts app, which is signed in with the same Apple ID.
Steps for Export iPhone Contacts on Mac Computer
Contacts app on Mac works universally for all accounts, able to fetch contacts from different contact Account providers (iCloud, Google Gmail, Facebook, Linked In, Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft Exchange, and Other Top-level hosting accounts).
Here I explained iCloud, which mostly helps all people. Understand all cases and go with your case,
Case 1: Contacts app not set up before No contacts showing under all contacts
1. Open the contacts app on Mac from spotlight search or From Launchpad,
2. Show no contacts looks like in below image,
3. Now check your iPhone-signed Apple ID.
4. On Mac, From the Top Contacts app Menu, Click on Contacts > Add Account > iCloud.
5. Select iCloud and At least choose the Contacts option, Otherwise, keep selected all > Add Account button. Now Wait for fetch and sync process time. Export it given in step 3.
6. All the iCloud contacts will show on your Mac’s Contacts app. Now Next steps are to Export All Contacts from the Mac Contacts app.
Case 2: Want Export/ Backup contacts from another account
Launch contacts app on Mac, Top Mac Menu Contacts > Add Account > Select iCloud Account > Sync Contacts. Follow steps 1 and 3
Case 3: Export Contact from iCloud only, that’s iPhone use or setup
Directly export all contacts (Command + A) from an app, Select all contacts just like a show in image,
Then, File from Top Mac menu > Export as PDF or Export > Export vCard
Note: PDF file is not restorable to import contacts; it’s useful for printing on paper or keeping a soft copy. vCard is supported by other third-party apps or the iCloud.com contacts app.
Exported Contacts in vCard file saved on your Finder, that we can use any Cross-Platform and Move contacts to another device.
in the same, we can Export a full list of your Contacts in a PDF file – Print your All Contacts on Mac from Export PDF.
Case 4: Remove all contacts and Export from another account
Select (Command + A) App contacts and Right-click on in and Remove.
I hope you understand the Mac contact app’s features and a way to transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac using the contacts app.