Last Updated on Jun 7, 2020
Playing PlayStation games on iPhone is never been hard after the emulators came into existence. From GTA to God of War, everything is available at once place, all you need to do is, take out some time and install the PPSSPP app on your iPhone, by following our detailed tutorial. PlayStation games are most popular, but it’s hard to carry the PlayStation and find a perfect place to start playing if you are a game addict, then PPSSPP can do a lot good for you, letting you play any PSP game on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Though, this type of applications are not stable, so they come with high chances of crashing and even not working, under such circumstances, you might have to re-install the entire app, which results in loss of gameplay.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
To overcome this, I’ve mentioned few steps that will help you Backup and Save the game, so that if for any reason, you’ve to delete the PPSSPP app, the backup can be used later to resume the game from where you left. For the ease of understanding, I’ve divided the tutorial into three sections, start with Part 1 and see how to download PPSSPP on iOS 13.
How to Download PSP Games on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
You don’t need to have PC to download and play the PSP games on iPhone, that’s what makes this post unique, so let’s see the answer to your question, how to download PPSSPP games on iOS without PC.
Part 1: Download PPSSPP App on iOS
- Download the Following Apps,
- Visit the PPSSPP App website on Safari or any browser.
- Scroll down, and tap Get to download the PPSSPP App in your iOS device.
- When the prompt appears, approve the installation, tap Install.
- Close the browser, and go back to the home screen, see if the PPSSPP app is downloading or not.
- Once the PPSSPP app is installed, launch it.
- If the iPhone shows Untrusted Enterprise Developer pop-up, then you’ve to let the iPhone install the app by granting permissions from the Settings of the iOS device.
- Open the Settings App on your iOS device.
- Scroll down to General.
- Tap on Profiles & Device Management.
- The unconfigured profiles are listed in the end, tap to open it.
- Read whatever the screen says and tap Trust.
- Now you can get back to the home screen and open the PPSSPP App, it will work perfectly.
Part 2: Download PSP Games
The PPPSSPP app is all empty, isn’t pre-loaded, so you have to download the games you want to play from the browser.
- Open the CoolROM on the Safari browser.
- Apply filters or directly search the games from the CoolROM website, and choose the game that you want to download.
- Tap Download Now to start downloading.
- In the URL section, tap on the download icon to track the progress.
- Open the file when the download completes.
- Find the Open in Unzip option or tap on More button and scroll down, the Open in Unzip will be there.
- Tap on the Zip file, the process may take time depending upon the size of the game to unzip.
- Open the folder.
- Tap on the game, and choose Save to Files.
- Select On My iPhone, then tap on the PPSSPP folder.
- Look for the symbol which says Create New Folder on the top-right screen before the Save option.
- Create New Folder, with the name Games.
- The newly created folder will appear under the PPSSPP folder.
- Doing this will save the game in the new folder.
- Now open the PPSSPP app on your iOS device.
- Select the Games tab next to Recent.
- Then from the main screen, tap on the Games folder.
- Tap on the game that you have download.
- If the game crashes, the re-launch the PPSSPP App and go to the Settings.
- Choose Tools from the sidebar.
- Tap Developer tools and then change CPU core to IR interpreter.
How to Save and Backup PPSSPP Games on iOS 13?
You might be aware that this type of application can stop anytime, in that case reinstalling the app only helps. Which means, all the saved games and your precious progress in the game will be lost with the app gone. Instead, backup the game to the other folder and you can start from wherever you left.
To Save the Game,
Premium Support is Free Now
- I assume you are playing the game on PPSSPP, tap on the arrow at the top.
- Select any Save State to save the game.
- To resume the game, tap on Load State.
To Backup the Game,
- Go to the Files App.
- Tap On My iPhone.
- Open the PPSSPP folder.
- On the top-right corner, tap on Select.
- Select both Games and PSP folder and tap on the Folder icon at the end of the screen.
- Choose the new location to move them, for instance, the Unzip folder.
- Now there is no loss even if you delete the PPSSPP app.
- You can follow the above steps to install the PPSSPP app and thereafter, copy back the Games and PSP folder exactly to the location you’ve moved from.
- Keep note that, there will be a conflict between the PSP folder, so delete the folder that says PSP and rename the folder that says PSP1 to PSP.