Last Updated on Dec 29, 2020
If you belong to a group of people who prefer Mac, MacBook for business, and Android phones to get a customized experience, you might want to read this article to end. First and foremost, transferring files between Android phone and MacBook Pro, Air, iMac, or any macOS, is way easier than transferring files between iPhone and Mac. All you need is an Android File Transfer App on Mac and a USB cable to connect the device to the system, with all these, it fairly takes minutes to move or copy the files across hybrid devices, in this case, Android and Mac.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Android has developed a tool called Android File Transfer to enable transfer between Android phones/tablets and MacOS without following any weird processes. Manage the directory, transfer, move, copy files, create folders, or do whatever, but first learn how to connect Android with Mac and MacBook. This trick is useful for Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy Note, OnePlus, Moto, and Others.
How to Move or Copy Files Between Android and Mac, MacBook
As long as your Android phone is running Android 5.0 or higher and macOS running macOS 10.7 or later, you’re good to go.
- Download the Android File Transfer’s .dmg File on your Mac, MacBook.
- “Allow” to Download File Manager Software on Browser.
- Now navigate to the folder where you can find these Android File Transfer’s .dmg file, install the application on your Mac. or Directly open On your Mac.
- Extract Android File Transfer on Mac Application Folder to install on Mac, Drag it to Applications.
- Extracting the files.
- On the Mac, open the Android File Transfer.
- Allow opening Software that downloaded and installed on your Mac.
- Next, connect the Android device to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Thereafter, swipe down the notification bar and tap on Connected as… or you may receive a pop-up just after connecting the Android phone to USB with the following options, Charge this device, Supply power, Transfer power, Transfer photos, and Use device as MIDI.
- Select “Transfer files” or “Allow”.
- You should see the complete directory of the Android phone in the Android File Transfer app.
- Open Android File Transfer from Spotligh Search or Launchpad on Mac. and Quickly Find and Transfer Android mobile files on Mac.
- Go to the Finder on Mac, and start dragging and dropping the files or folders and initiate a transfer between Android phone and MacBook, Mac.
- The only downside is, there is no copy-paste available, you’ll have to manually drag and drop from Android File Transfer App to Finder or vice versa. However, most Mac users prefer the drag and drop over the copy/paste.
If you’ve any doubt or stuck while transferring files across devices, feel free to comment on the problem.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏