Last Updated on Jun 9, 2022
There are too many reasons behind your Mac’s performance. This is one of the primary reasons that I fixed my Mac. Well, Apple is giving the option for seeing startup programs on Mac running on MacOS Ventura, Monterey, Catalina, MacOS Mojave (10.14), High Sierra or later, EI Capitan, Yosemite. To instantly start your work and Don’t remind about the first job on every morning. Users are keeping Mail app, Safari, Notes, Skype and Third-Party Software as a Startup program.
Some of the time we need to add this startup program list depending on usage and comfortability.
Follow my Steps for Manage startup program on Mac OS
We can add a new program, Remove Existing adds, and Clear the whole list that calls to option whenever turn on Mac.
- Go to the Apple logo from the top mac menu > System Settings.
- Now, Tap on General Option > Login items.
- Disable the toggle from the list of added apps for Launch at startup on Mac.
- To add or remove items after login, click on Plus [+] button to add new applications. and Select the app that you want to remove from the login items screen. And we can customize the app that does not support the in-app features.
- Find app from the Applications folder and add in the list.
macOS Monterey & Earlier
Step:#1 Open system preference on Mac from Apple menu or Search “System Preference” from Spotlight Search.
Step #2 Next to the System Preference, Find Users & Group
Step:#3 On Users & Group windows, Unlock the restrictions by clicking on lock at bottom of the window.
- Tap on “Login Items” tab. All the programs will be listed there and Greyed out interface. To make changes, unlock with authentication icon at corner windows,
- Use Username and Password – Admin Details.
- Once you log in, we can Select the program that we want to stop startup automatically on login. Then press “–“ sign. This will remove from the list.
Change or Add startup program on Mac
Need to add any Third-Party program in startup screen list.
Click On “+” Option, Choose an application from Finder screen.
Here i am adding a Books App on Mac startup program.
Tap on Done.
Another Option is Hide startup program from Screen but launch
Near to each program added to the startup program list, Customise individually using the checkbox given near to program name.
Enable Checkbox: Select Checkbox for the individual application, which means a program is launched but not seen on MacBook, iMac, or MacMini desktop screen. Here’s the Books app will be launched on Mac But will not show on the screen.
I recommended keeping uncheck all. Useless click attempt on the program after launched in the background,