Two-Factor Authentication enrolled now in all Apple Devices and OS. We can turn on Two-factor Authentication on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Apple Watch/MacBook Mac. Also, we can auto Unlock Mac running on macOS Sierra or later using Apple watch (WatchOS 3 or later). And that’s also very useful for the security reason for the business or professional person. For the case, your Apple ID login password cheats or leaked/ known by someone. Still, they need to pass one more security barrier that’s not passing out without your iPhone or iPad. When you log in to your Apple ID from any platform web browser or Devices, You will receive six digits of Apple ID verification code after Setup Two-Factor Authentication on Apple ID. Apple’s new Security feature is the app-specific password that we can use or Signup Third-Party Apps suppose Gmail, News later Signup. Here’s how to Create an App-Specific Password for your Apple ID and use it with Third-Party Services and Sign up.
For the information: Please keep mind, Two-step authentication (Get Six digit code on screen from apple) and Two-step verification (Q&A for verifying) both are different types of security features for login your account.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
All the time you will get a verification code on your trusted device, So pick the right device at first from you have (That may be your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch or Mac running on latest iOS and MacOS).
Trusted Phone number, Submit your primary contact number. In that Cell number, you will also get a text message.
In addition, Every time you will get a verification code on the trusted device and Trusted number when you sign in on a new device or Browser.
Setup Two-Factor Authentication on Apple ID from iOS device or Mac
- Launch Settings app on iPhone > Tap on Profile name.
- Next, Scroll to Password & Security > Turn on Two Factor Authentication.
- Once you have done,
You have to keep your Mobile number and Email updated for the recovery purpose. So you will get a Text message to your Register mobile number. Next is how to add or update the mobile number for Two-Factor Authentication.
- Enter your mobile number if not Added, Otherwise, you will get the Option for Text Message or Phone Call. To verify successfully.
- Now Every time you have to verify 6 Digit Authentication code on your Screen via Message, or Popup on screen.
- That’s it.
Can I Turn off Two Factor Authentication for Apple ID account?
Two-Factor Authentication is the most secure way to use on any device for different services. We can protect our account on the unknown and Your own device. So, apple is Highly recommended Two-Factor Authentication. And Now a Day apple Doesn’t allow to turn off or Stop Two-Factor Authentication. Yes, we can change the Recovery Mobile number or Email address from the settings. Explained in the above tips. also, We can request a new Verification code from your iPhone and iPad that is signed in with the same Apple ID. Given steps in the last of this tutorial.
iOS 10.2 and Earlier iOS Version
- Step 1: Go to the Settings on iPhone
- Step 2: Next, Tap on iCloud > Apple ID
- Step 3: Then, Enter Apple ID password > Password & Security.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Two-Factor Authentication. (There you can add/ Update trusted Phone number for Apple ID)
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication on MacBook Mac
- Step 1: Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu > System Preference.
Earlier MacOS on Mac: Then iCloud > Account Details > Security Section.
- Step 3: Manage Your Account With Apple ID.
- Step 4: Click on Password & Security > Two-Factor Authentication.
- That’s it!
How to do Request for Six Digit Two Factor Authentication Code for Apple ID
Apple allows requesting new Six digital passwords for the authenticate your identity while use on other device or Mac/PC Browser. So we can save time and successfully log in to Apple ID without westing the time. Follow the below steps for Request New Six Digit Verification Code from your Other Apple Device like iPhone, iPad, and MacOS.
- Open Settings App on iPhone > Tap on your Profile name.
- Now, Scroll and Tap on Password & Security options.
- Next, You will find the option for getting a New Verification code, So Tap on “Get Verification Code“.
- You will get a Text message on your iPhone messages app or Show popup on apple device with verification code.
- That’s it.
More help and suggestions about Setup Two-Factor Authentication on Apple ID. That’s disappointing you and still in your mind, Share with us in the comments. We will appreciate your feedback always.