Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
For Dropbox, We must require a secure lock Because of widely use on business, Professional and Personal use. So now we have a great option as a Two-factor authentication on dropbox, that can Save or access all types of files from a different device, around the world. Also, dropbox widely use on almost type of apps for daily backup and share/ save insecure shell. Same as Gmail, Facebook two factor authentication, we can use on dropbox.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Start two-step login verification must need a guide. It’s simple and easy for all but some code scanning, automation on third party apps require more help. Go through below step by step guide and enable two-factor authentications on Dropbox.
Step for Enable/ Setup two factor authentication on Dropbox: Using iPhone
- Step 1: Go to dropbox on the Web.
- Step 2: From the top right corner, click on Profile menu options > Settings.
- Step 3: Next, from the top three-tab Go with Security.
- Step 4: Then, under two-step verification, click on the “Click to enable” option.
- Step 5: Start set up, (these are steps for, How do I add Dropbox to Google Authenticator?)
Click on Get Started > Use Mobile app > Scan Code on authentication app (Google Authenticator Available for iPhone/ Android/ BlackBerry)
App for generating code,
In return, you will get authentication code on screen > Put in a code box.
- Step 6: Next time whenever you will log in you need authentication code after Login ID and Password enter.
Another way is using Text message only, just like Gmail 2 Step.
For that select use Text Message in place on the mobile app in step 5,> Enter your Mobile number > Verify 6 digit code comes in your Message box.
On your iPhone: Secure with Passcode
Now upgrade Dropbox app comes with a built-in passcode option, so every time you protect your data on dropbox using four-digit passcode. For turn on Go to the Settings > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode on. Also, the Touch ID, Face ID options available in improved security.
After enabling two-factor authentication on Dropbox, Removal is very easy. Repeat the same above steps and disable it.