For Dropbox, We must require a secure lock Because of widely use on business, Professional and Personal use. So now we have a great option as a Two-factor authentication on dropbox, that can Save or access all types of files from a different device, around the world. Also, dropbox widely use on almost type of apps for daily backup and share/ save insecure shell. Same as Gmail, Facebook two factor authentication, we can use on dropbox.
Start two-step login verification must need a guide. It’s simple and easy for all but some code scanning, automation on third party apps require more help. Go through below step by step guide and enable two-factor authentications on Dropbox.
Step for Enable/ Setup two factor authentication on Dropbox: Using iPhone
- Step 1: Go to dropbox on the Web.
- Step 2: From the top right corner, click on Profile menu options > Settings.
- Step 3: Next, from the top three-tab Go with Security.
- Step 4: Then, under two-step verification, click on the “Click to enable” option.
- Step 5: Start set up, (these are steps for, How do I add Dropbox to Google Authenticator?)
Click on Get Started > Use Mobile app > Scan Code on authentication app (Google Authenticator Available for iPhone/ Android/ BlackBerry)
App for generating code,
In return, you will get authentication code on screen > Put in a code box.
- Step 6: Next time whenever you will log in you need authentication code after Login ID and Password enter.
Another way is using Text message only, just like Gmail 2 Step.
For that select use Text Message in place on the mobile app in step 5,> Enter your Mobile number > Verify 6 digit code comes in your Message box.
On your iPhone: Secure with Passcode
Now upgrade Dropbox app comes with a built-in passcode option, so every time you protect your data on dropbox using four-digit passcode. For turn on Go to the Settings > Passcode Lock > Turn Passcode on. Also, the Touch ID, Face ID options available in improved security.
After enabling two-factor authentication on Dropbox, Removal is very easy. Repeat the same above steps and disable it.