Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
You can do all the things with apple watch done on your iPhone, Like make a call, receive a call, Send or Receive iMessage, access apps, change settings, and more. But here I am discussing what to do? if your apple watch won’t send iMessage or text message directly via the watch.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If iMessage not activated on iPhone, then your text iMessage send as a simple Message. But is it possible on Apple Watch? That’s not possible. So you have to go with your iPhone for an urgent basis. Before that follow the below tips, in any case, you can’t send iMessage from apple watch.
Steps on Fix Apple Watch Won’t Send iMessage or Reply iMessage
On iPhone filed iMessage will be marked with a red exclamation point. But on Apple Watch you will get “Failed to send“, “Sending…Status” message.
Fix 1). iMessage activated on your Carrier
- First check on your Apple watch paired iPhone, iMessage activated under the settings. And test you can send iMessage from iPhone successfully. If not then there is no problem on your Apple watch otherwise go to the next steps.
Fix 2). Use Phone number as iMessage
- You are “Start new iMessage conversations” using the phone number, Not using Email. Please check and Verify from iPhone settings app,
- Go to the Settings > Message > Send & Receive > Use Phone number and Try.
- Some time wrong setup and Apple Watch Paired with another iPhone not able to connect your original Apple ID. in the result, can’t send iMessage (New text, Incoming message Reply, Send a new Message) from apple watch successfully. Not working? Troubleshoot using the next steps.
Fix 3). iMessage on Apple Watch Only Send Green Message
Green message on Apple Messages app mark that you are using Test message, Not iMessage. iMessage Text is always blue. So I recommend to Force the Message app from iPhone and App Watch also. Re-Launch Messages app on Apple Watch and Try to Re-send iMessage from Apple watch.
- On Apple Watch: Press Digital Crown button to go apple watch home screen, Next, Press Side button and Switch all running app on Apple watch into App switcher, Swipe to left for a close recent app on apple watch.
- On iPhone Force Close Message app.
Fix 4). Sign out and Sign in Apple ID
- Reset iMessage activation status in apple Server by sign Out and Sign in Apple ID and fix Apple watch Message not Delivered. Go to the iPhone Settings app > Messages > Send & Receive > Tap on Apple ID > Sign out.
Fix 5). Apple Watch Paired or Near to your iPhone
- Bluetooth connectivity between your iPhone and Apple watch might be poor on the long distance between them. Or Bluetooth should be turned on the iPhone.
Fix 6). Restart Apple watch: Works in most case
- Press and hold a slide button until you see turn off slide button on watch’s screen. Start apple watch by press side button, until you see the Apple logo. Or Force restart by press side button + digital crown for 10 seconds.
- Erase apple watch Old/ Wrong configuration: (Unpair/Pair Again) Reset apple watch
Fix 7). Turn off/ On iMessage on iPhone
- In many cases, I noticed that people filed the iMessage problem after Disable/ Enable iMessage toggle under the Settings > Message > iMessage. Generally worked after iOS or Watch OS update.
Fix 8). Can’t Receive Message notification on Apple Watch
- Also check iPhone Settings App, Go to the Settings > Notifications > Messages > Allow notifications > Badge app icon.
- Apple Watch message notification not showing, Go to the My Watch App on iPhone > Notifications > Messages > Custom.
Now Test by sending iMessage from apple watch, Above all try should be fixed your problem on Apple watch won’t send iMessage.