Last Updated on Jan 31, 2022
Zoom is the most popular video conferencing tool today. It includes a slew of customization options for tailoring your video conference precisely to your preferences. The option to apply a Virtual Background to your video broadcast is one of these adjustments.
In addition to being a fun and colorful way to show oneself at a meeting, these virtual backdrops give an added feeling of privacy by concealing your background. When activated, they superimpose the user over a fictitious background, thereby hiding away any personal effects you may have around you.
This article will look at how you can change Virtual Background on Zoom Mac, PC, Android, iPhone. But first, we will start by looking at some of the best Zoom meetings background ideas.
Let’s start! with the Ideas & Recommendations,
Best Zoom Meetings Background Ideas
So, what should be the best Zoom meeting background ideas? Why don’t we ask Zoom? First, let’s look at what Zoom recommended setup looks like.
Recommended Setup according to Zoom:
● To achieve the best virtual background effect, use a solid color background like green. It is also recommended to invest in a green screen. Green screens are easily available on all major online retailers like Amazon and Webaround.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
● Using a high quality will also result in a better virtual background.
● It is recommended to use uniform lighting and color.
● Don’t wear clothing that is the same color as the virtual background. It can lead to a lot of funny incidents.
Now, let’s look at the recommended background image dimensions.
Background image dimensions:
● There are no restrictions on the dimensions of the background image. However, Zoom recommends cropping the image to match the aspect ratio of your camera before using it.
● If you are unsure about your camera aspect ratio, use a background image with a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels.
● You can browse some of the virtual backgrounds from Zoom’s selection, or you can use other sources for royalty-free images.
Keeping these recommendations in mind, let’s see how you can change the background in the Zoom meetings on Mac & Windows.
How to Change the Background in Zoom meeting on Mac & Windows?
Before changing the background, we first need to enable virtual background in Zoom. Here is how you can do it:
- Sign-in to Zoom on your browser.
- You must pick the Settings option from the left sidebar, under Personal.
- Now, Enable the Toggle for “Virtual Backgroud“.
- List is too long, Scroll to the Option or Find in Browser using Command + F on Mac or Control + F on Windows Browser. and Search Virtual Backgroud Option on webpag.
- Finally, scroll down a little, and you should find a Virtual backdrop choice. Check that the option is turned on.
And that’s it! Now, we can learn how to change the background in Zoom meetings on Mac & Windows. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch the Zoom app.
- Click the little settings gear icon in the upper right corner on the main page.
- Then, select Background & Filters from the left sidebar of your Settings page.
- Your camera will be enabled, and you will be able to select from a variety of virtual background selections that are offered by default.
When you first activate virtual background for Zoom, when you click on any of the predefined virtual backgrounds, you will receive a notice that states Download Smart Visual package. Therefore, before you can use the virtual backdrops, you must first download them by clicking Download.
- After you’ve downloaded them, all you have to do is choose the backdrop you want.
- Add your Custom Backgroud or Video, See the Plus Option, and Select your Choise & Browse from your System. To Set on Background.
If you are using the Green Backgroud screen, then Select Checkbox “I Have a green screen”.
Also Keep selected Mirror my video, to Get correct reflection in a video call.
And that’s how you can change the Virtual Background in Zoom meeting on Mac & Windows. Now, let’s see how you can do it for Linux.
How to Change the Background in Zoom meeting on Linux?
You can change the virtual background in Zoom meeting on Linus by following these simple steps:
- Sign in to Zoom desktop client.
- Click the little settings gear icon.
- Select Virtual Background. From left side of window option.
- To pick a virtual background, click on a picture.
- Add your image by clicking and dragging it to the upload area or see the Plus button to add your Picture or Video.
There you go! Now you know how to change Virtual Background in Zoom meeting on Linux. Next, we will see how to change the virtual background in Zoom meetings on iPhone & Android.
How to Change the Background in Zoom meeting on iPhone and Android?
Here’s how you can change your Zoom background on your iPhone and Android:
- Open the Zoom app and sign in.
- From the Zoom app’s main page, select the New Meeting option. Press the Start Meeting button to begin the meeting.
- Allow Microphone and Internet use Permission for Zoom app.
- Once in the conference, press the More icon in the lower right corner of your screen. Then click on Virtual Background & Filters.
- You may now choose which virtual background to use. If you don’t like the default wallpaper, you can always click on the (+) button to pick your downloaded virtual background from your phone’s Photos collection.
- Finally, after you’ve chosen a backdrop, it will be applied immediately.
- To quit the background selection screen and continue with your meeting, click the Close button.
That’s pretty much it! Next, let’s look at some of the Zoom virtual background images ideas.
videos as virtual backgrounds Requirement on Mac & Windows
In addition to different images, you can also add videos as a Backgroud, however, you need to meet certain requirements on Mac and Windows. It requires macOS 10.9 or Windows 7 or later. In addition, video backdrops will be inaccessible to low-end devices utilizing the web client and PWA. However, you can turn it on from the settings.
Enable from your Zoom Profile settings, log in your Zoom account on your Mac or PC/Mobile Browser > Settings [From the left side of the window] > Scroll to option Virtual background and Enable “Virtual Backgroud” and Checkbox “Allow use of videos as virtual backgrounds”.
Next, we will look at what to do if the virtual background is not working.
Zoom Virtual Background Not Working
If Zoom virtual background is not working, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Sign out of the client and sign back in if you don’t see the Virtual Background tab in your desktop client preferences after enabling it.
- Manually choose the backdrop color to ensure that the proper color is used. This option is only accessible once you’ve clicked a picture and selected a green screen.
- Make sure the background is a solid colour with no shadows. Also, make sure the lighting in the backdrop is consistent. A three-point lighting system is perfect.
- Ensure that the color of your green screen does not match the color of your clothes, hair, or eyes.
- To set videos as virtual backgrounds: Require Mac OS 10.9, Windows 7 and above. Low end devices using the web client and PWA will not be able to use video backgrounds.
- On Mac or PC Zoom client:– there is an Option for Set Mirror your Video or Green backgroud or Green screen video.
NOTE: Some VDI plugins may not allow virtual backgrounds, and less capable thin client computers may be unable to handle the feature as well.
How to report issues in Zoom
If you are still facing issues, you should try reporting to Zoom. But, first, let’s see how you can do it.
Here is how you can report an issue to Zoom:
- Go to Submit a Request.
- Select the “Request Type” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form.
- Click on submit.
That’s how you can report issues in Zoom.
Now, let’s look at another common problem many Zoom users face.
No virtual background option in Zoom Android
Make sure your Account has permission to Change or use Virtual Backgroud in Zoom video call. This is how you can solve the issue-
- Open Zoom on your browser on your Mac/PC or Android Browser and Sign-in with the same account details.
- Go to the “Profile Settings” section of your profile > Settings.
- Under the “In Meeting (Advanced)” section, make sure “Virtual Background” is enabled.
And that should fix the issue. Now, let’s look at some of the best free virtual backgrounds for Zoom.
Best Free virtual backgrounds for Zoom With ideas
Zoom provides a few preset picture possibilities, but it also lets you submit your own image. Here are some free virtual backgrounds you may use in your next Zoom meeting.
- Professional Zoom Background With a View by “Luxury Real Estate Zoom Backgrounds” Search in Internet or Purchase it from puplar Image stock websites.
This virtual background is incredibly professional and comes with a great view.
- A Chic Home Setup Zoom Background by Unsplash
A nice-looking, professional, and cozy dream home setup for your next Zoom meeting.
- Outer Space Zoom Background by Pixabay
This stunning-looking Zoom background will take your next Zoom meeting to the next level, or should I say, to the next galaxy.
And that’s all we have for you in this article.
We hope this article was helpful and solved all your problems relating to Zoom Virtual Background.