The new app replaces iCloud Drive. Manage files after enabling iCloud Drive in the Files app. For privacy, disable/enable iCloud Drive access. Third-party apps can also access files from the Files app. Install third-party cloud app, it appears in Files app. Remove/hide unwanted drives from settings. Allow/hide Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive in the Files app.
Here are the steps to turn on or off iCloud Drive in the Files app.
1. Launch the Files app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the Browse tab located at the lower-right side corner.
3. Tap on More (three dots inside the circle) appear on the top-right side edge.
4. A pop-up appears; tap on Edit.
5. Now turn the toggle left side next to the iCloud Drive option.
6. Hit on Done to save changes.
So now iCloud Drive stays hidden in the files app. In short, under the location, iCloud Drive no longer appears until you turn it on again.
To Re-Enable or Show iCloud Drive within the Files app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod, Repeat the steps above and Enable the iCloud Drive toggle.
Is iCloud Drive missing on Home Screen? Want to Access on iPhone, iPad
Yes, iCloud Drive was revamped in the Files app, So Apple removed the iCloud Drive dedicated app from the iOS file system. With extra customization and controls, we have the best File management app in iOS.
Use the Files app and Enable iCloud Drive in the file App to do it; please follow the above-mentioned steps.
Download or Copy a document from iCloud to Drive
1. Open Files app – Tap Browse tab – Click < Browse to go back – Tap < iCloud Drive located under the Locations section
2. Now Long press and hold to see Copy and tap on it – Let’s go back to the Browse Tab.
3. Choose folder location in “On My iPhone/ iPad” to save the copied doc file.
4. after that, long press on a blank space to get the Paste option. Wait a while; your document folder is easily stored on Phone storage.
Note: Your device must have ample storage space to save files.
Now, without WiFi or Cellular data, we can access files locally offline from iPhones and iPads.