Last Updated on Jul 2, 2021
No matter how secure Apple is, but to some extent, you are allowed to limit the security features for your ease and only if it is beneficial for you. This article will walk you through one of these security features and how to disable it since it irritates the most frequently. For example, if you are annoyed by entering the password each time while downloading free apps on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, or Apple TV, this tutorial will show you how to disable passwords to download free apps from App Store.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Whereas if you don’t want to disable the password to download free apps entirely, then you can choose between “Always Require” and “Require After 15 Minutes”. How does it work? On choosing Always Require, you’ll have to enter the password for each purchase, and if you go for Require After 15 Minutes, you don’t have to enter the password within 15 minutes of downloading the first app. And to completely turn off the password to download free apps, here’s the way.
How to Turn Off Password to Download Free Apps from App Store
On iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch,
You must have to turn off Face ID for Apps Store on iPhone,
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Face ID & Passcode.
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device. Select the Profile name > Media & Purchases.
- Also, if you are using Touch ID or Face ID to make a purchase from App Store, Password Settings won’t appear.
Video to stop verification required when installing free apps
way to stop verification required when installing free apps On your Apple Mac Computer or laptop
- Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu. Select System Preferences.
For earlier macOS, go to iTunes. Click on iTunes on the top menu bar, click on Preferences, and select the Store tab.
- Launch iTunes on your PC.
- Then, click on Edit on the top menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on the Store tab and change the settings to download free apps.
On Apple TV
- On Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Go to the Settings from the Home Screen.
- Choose Users and Accounts.
- Choose your name’s Account.
- Lastly, under Require Password, you have to set the option to download free apps.
- On Apple TV 3rd Generation
- Open Settings from the home screen.
- Click on iTunes Store and Sign In.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password. Submit
- You’ll be asked to choose an option to select Remember Password. If you choose Yes, then you don’t need to enter the password to download the apps as long as the Apple ID is signed in. Besides, if you select No, you have to enter the password every time to download or purchase apps from the iTunes Store.
- Later if you change your mind, then sign out of Apple ID and follow the same steps.
Can You Turn Off Password Protection?
- It is impossible to disable password protection to download paid apps or purchase any Apple Services on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Computer.
- Besides, for Apple TV, you can turn off the password to download free and paid apps.