No matter, how Apple is secure, but to some extent, you are allowed to limit the security features for your ease and only if it is beneficial for you. In this article, I’ll walk you through one of these security features, and how to disable it, since it irritates the most frequently. If you are annoyed by entering the password each time while downloading free apps on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, or in Apple TV, this tutorial will show you how to disable passwords to download free apps from App Store.
Whereas if you don’t want to entirely disable the password to download free apps, then you can choose between “Always Require” and “Require After 15 Minutes”. How does it work? On choosing Always Require, you’ll have to enter the password for each purchase and if you go for Require After 15 Minutes, then you don’t have to enter the password within 15 minutes of downloading the first app. And to completely turn off the password to download free apps, here’s the way.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
How to Turn Off Password to Download Free Apps from App Store
On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch,
You must have to turn off Face ID for Apps Store on iPhone,
- Open Settings app on iPhone > Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter Your iPhone Passcode > Disable Face ID for iTunes & App Store.
- That’s it. Now you have to enter the password for the Purchase or Pro App from the App store.
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device. Select the iTunes & App Store.
- Open Password Settings.
- Also, if you are using Touch ID or Face ID to make a purchase from App Store, Password Settings won’t appear.
- Under FREE DOWNLOADS, disable the Require Password toggle.
- If asked, enter the password, hit OK, and exit the settings.
- Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu. Select System Preferences.
- Click Apple ID.
- And go to Media & Purchases.
- Now, you can turn off the password for free downloading apps from App Store. The settings may not appear when Touch ID is enabled for purchasing the app.
For earlier macOS, go to the iTunes. Click on iTunes on the top menu bar, click on Preferences, and select Store tab.
- Launch the iTunes on your PC.
- Then, click on Edit on the top menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on the Store tab and change the settings to download free apps.
On Apple TV
- On Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Go to the Settings from the Home Screen.
- Choose Users and Accounts.
- Choose your name’s Account.
- Lastly, under Require Password, you have to set the option to download free apps.
- On Apple TV 3rd Generation
- Open Settings from the home screen.
- Click on iTunes Store and Sign In.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password. Submit
- You’ll be asked to choose an option to select Remember Password. If you choose Yes, then you don’t need to enter the password to download the apps as long as the Apple ID is signed in. Besides, if you select No, you have to enter the password every time to download or purchase apps from the iTunes Store.
- Later if you change the mind, then sign out of Apple ID and follow the same steps.
Can You Turn Off Password Protection?
- Well, it is not possible to disable password protection to download paid apps or purchase any Apple Services on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Computer.
- Besides, for Apple TV, you can turn off the password to download free and paid apps.