Last Updated on Jul 5, 2021
When going to Hulu on Chrome, you might be asked to Allow Location Permission, which is used to deliver the best user experience and system recommendations by tracking your geographical location. If you’ve received too but have denied Location Permission accidentally, this article will show you how to enable location services for Hulu on Mac. Also, some users have reported that even after allowing Hulu to access the Location Services, it still keeps asking to enable Location.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If you’re experiencing this type of issue and want to know how to Turn Off Location Permission for Hulu on MacBook Mac, this article is for you. So go ahead and learn How to enable location Services for Hulu on Safari.
How to enable location Services for Hulu on Macbook air
1: Location Services for Hulu Blocked on Chrome/Safari? Enable it
By default, the macOS is set to not allow any applications to use the Location Services, whether it’s Apple’s default app or any third-party app. New to Chrome? Or have you always denied giving access to Location Services? It doesn’t matter; in case of Location is turned off in mac system preference Chrome, the below steps will show how to enable Location Services in Mac System Preferences for Chrome.
- Click on the Apple logo in the top menu bar. Select System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Go to the Privacy tab.
- On the bottom-left down corner, there’s a lock icon; click on it to make changes.
- Now select the Location Service from the sidebar.
- Make sure Enable Location Services is checked, and from the list of Apps, kindly check the box of Google Chrome, Safari, or any browser on which you want to use Hulu.
Close the Google Chrome App on Mac, and if possible, restart the Mac.
2: Unblock Website URL from Google Chrome Location Service Settings
Basically, when you visit a website that can deliver you a better experience by accessing your location like a Food Delivery Service, Travel Website, etc., Chrome will ask you to Allow or Deny location access to that website. On every visit, the Location Services prompt will appear unless you’ve hit the Allow button and letting the website access the location.
- Launch the Chrome app on Mac.
- Click on three dots for more menu on the top-right screen. or Click on the Lock option net to URL name in the Address bar.
- Select Settings.
- Find the Privacy and security, and in the same section, there should be Site settings. Alternatively, search Site settings inside the Settings.
- Select Location option.
- Toggle Ask before accessing option to On or Off.
Furthermore, there’s a site-specific section available in Chrome to customize the various access for that particular site.
- Visit Hulu on the Chrome.
- Click on the Lock icon in the URL bar.
- Select Site Settings.
- Under Permissions, find Location and set it to Allow.
3: Hulu Keeps Asking to Enable Location Permission on Chrome
Despite the Location Services and Location, Permission is enabled on the Chrome App, Hulu keeps asking you to enable Location Permissions even though it is enabled. There are plenty of reasons why location permission for Hulu is not working and keeps asking.
To troubleshoot the same, revoke the Location Permission from Chrome App and Location Services for Chrome App from System Preferences. Later after rebooting the Mac and Chrome App, enable both the permission preferring the above steps.
4: Try Alternate Web Browser
Still, if the Chrome Location Permission is not working for Hulu, then without wasting much of your time, use any other alternate web browser with the Mac. You can use Safari, Firefox, Opera, Edge, etc., instead of Chrome. When another web browser asks you to Allow Location Services while using Hulu, give the access.
5: Should I enable Location services on my Mac?
Yes, you can absolutely enable and use Location Services on Mac MacBook for the apps that you believe are safe and fulfilling your privacy requirements. Mac has added Location Services settings in the System Preferences, which allows you to completely Turn Off and On-Location Services, and if you prefer to keep Location Services enabled, then you’ll get the list of applications in the same screen who are using the Location Services, from there you can revoke Location Services of a particular app.
To be clear, the Location Services of your Mac is not only the way to track you down; connecting Mac to Wi-Fi also reveals your location by tracking the IP address.
The conclusion is, only enable Location Services on Mac for the Apps that you’re using and they need Location Service access, else disable for the rest of the apps.
6: Re-Install Google Crome on Mac
- Keep your Mac updated with the latest macOS Version, Check and Install if available. Click on the Apple logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences > Software Update > Download and install pending software update. That’s it.
- Type: chrome://settings/help in Browser, and Check your Chrome installed the latest version.
A corrupted Chrome browser in the system, Doesn’t allow you to fetch your Location service on your Browser’s Website that you are visiting. So, I recommended to uninstall Google Chrome from Mac, Download and install a new copy of the Chrome browser.
8: Check in Safe Mode
Safe mode on Mac [For M1 and Intel] determines the software that affects the Mac system on startup and Load software. Safe mode fixes all internal software issues. Put your Mac in safe mode, Check the Location service working with HULU on Mac, And then Restart your Exit safe mode.
9: Turn off VPN on your Computer
Some programs and online services conflict with VPN installed on your Mac. If VPN is on, then Turn off or Uninstall and check the issue is fixed or not.
- Here’s How to Manage VPN on Mac.
7: Where is the Option for Turn Off Location on Google Chrome Windows 10?
Location Permissions on Google Chrome Windows 10 can be managed from the Chrome App itself. We’ve listed the steps to enable and disable Location Permission for the particular websites that are using the location currently.
- Enable System Location Service: Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Location > Change > Keep turn on.
- Launch the Chrome app on your Windows PC.
- In the upper-right corner, click on three dots.
- Go to Settings.
- Find Site Settings under Privacy and security.
- Select Location next to the app for which you want to turn it off.
- Then select Block.
How to Enable Location Services for Hulu Windows 11 or 10
At first, you need to ensure the Windows 10 is allowed to use your Location. When the Location Services are enabled on Windows, then only other applications like Chrome, Edge, etc., can use your location.
Turn On Location on Windows PC
- Open the Settings on Windows PC, press the Windows button + I to launch Settings.
- Search and open Location Privacy Settings.
- Turn On the Location.
- Furthermore, go down and make sure to turn on the location for Hulu App.
Later, if you’re using a browser like Chrome, Edge, or Firefox to stream Hulu, here’s how to enable location services for Hulu on Windows 10.
Enable location Services for Hulu on Chrome browser:
- Open Chrome on your Windows PC.
- Click on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- At the end of the screen, click on Advanced.
- Look for Privacy and security, select Site Settings, and then click on Location.
- Turn on Ask before accessing.
Enable location Services for Hulu on Edge browser:
- Go to the Edge.
- Click on three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Search Location.
- Find Hulu, and in the Location section, select Allow.
Enable location Services for Hulu on Firefox:
- Open the Firefox App on your PC.
- Select the three parallel lines.
- Go to Preferences.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Locate the Permissions option.
- Click on the Settings button, upfront of Location.
- Add Hulu.com to the list of location permissions.
Thanks for Visiting. Write us for more help about your Problem in detail in the comment section.