Are you facing an issue with the Bank app on your iPhone after updating to the latest iOS? If so, you’re not alone. Recently, I also faced the same issue while using the Bank App. This scenario is nerve-racking because you cannot pay bills, transfer funds and check deposits.
However, there are no specific reasons why bank app keeps crashing, but performing standard troubleshooting tricks could fix that. So in this guide, I will share some handy fixtures to solve the bank app not working on the iPhone. Keep reading until you regain the Bank app working normally.
Solve bank App issue in iOS 17
There are many things that can go wrong and cause the Bank app to crash on iPhone, luckily there are a few things you can consider when things go wrong.
1. Fix Bank app not working on iOS Beta Version
Are you running your iPhone on iOS beta version? If yes, then you will have to uninstall iOS Beta. That’s because, often, we’ve found that the iOS beta version leads to Software Bugs, which eventually cause the apps to crash repeatedly. On the other hand, the iOS beta versions are less secure than the stable versions, and thus, the Bank App won’t allow operating it. In both scenarios, removing iOS Beta and returning to stable iOS is the only possible solution.
2. Restart iPhone
One of the ways to fix when a bank app keeps crashing and freezing is to restart your iPhone. If a minor software bug is causing the issue, it will fix it. Here’s how.
- Press and hold the either Volume Button and Side button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the Side button on iPhone with Home Button.
- Drag the Power Slider and let your iPhone turn entirely off.
- Wait a while, then press and hold the Side Button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
3. Force Quit
Most of the time, due to the continues use of the Bank app, you might experience random glitch and lag. However, you can effectively fix it by force quitting the Bank App.
- Swipe up and hold in the middle of the iPhone’s screen.
- Swipe right or left to search Bank App card.
- At last, swipe up the Bank App Card to force quit.
4. Enable Airplane Mode and disable
Turning on the Airplane Mode and off on your iPhone is one of the golden fixes that solve almost every problem, including Banking app failure on iPhone. For this, swipe down from the top to open the Control Center. Now tap on the Airplane Icon to enable. Wait a while, and tap on it back to turn it off.
5. Banking app not working today? Check Bank App Outage
When famous bank apps like JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citigroup stop working, there is global outrage, people are usually vocal about it on various social media platforms, especially on Twitter. Additionally, you can take some time and search “Bank App name server outage.”
6. Check for Bank App restriction in Screen Time
You might have restricted the Bank App via screen time for security reasons as a guardian. If yes, take some minutes and ensure the Bank app isn’t restricted in screen time.
- Navigate to the Settings App.
- Select Screen Time.
- Choose App Limits and check if Bank App isn’t added here. If it is, swipe right to left on the App and then select Delete to remove it.
- After this, hit Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure you haven’t restricted any Apple service or app. If so, turn it off.
7. Check Internet Connection
If your Banking app is not working on wifi, an internet connection is the first blame. So you must ensure that your iPhone has a stable internet connection.
- Swipe down from the top of the Control Center.
- Click on the wifi name to disconnect from it.
- After that, restart your iPhone and reconnect with the same wifi network. Similarly, you do the Cellular Data when operating a Bank App over mobile data.
Check our guide to resolve the issue you face when your iPhone is connected wifi but has no internet.
Tip: Ensure you haven’t accidentally or intentionally restricted the Bank App’s internet connection. For this, go to Settings > Cellular. Then, swipe down from the list of apps, and ensure the toggle next to the Bank App name is turned on.
8. Update Bank App
Using outdated versions of bank app can also cause it to malfunction. Hence it’s best to ensure your Banking app is updated to its latest version. Here’s how.
- Go to the App Store.
- Enter the Bank App name in the search field.
- From the result, tap on Update Button, if available.
9. Delete and reinstall Bank App
If no app update is available, you must try fixing the problem by deleting and then reinstalling the Bank App. Here is how you can do it.
- Press and hold Bank App Icon.
- From the prompt, select Remove App.
- Further, select Delete App.
- Now, navigate to the App Store.
- Search for the App in the search field.
- From the result, choose Cloud with a down arrow icon.
Now, check for the issue. If the problem still exists, move further to the next solution.
10. Update iOS version
There is a possibility where that Bank app may not be affected at all, instead, the system is outdated. In this case, you’ve to update the iOS version.
11. Free Up Storage
The frequent use of your iPhone can completely eat-up storage, and it can slow down your device’s performance to a certain extent. However, you can read our article on how to free up storage on your iPhone to prevent such a scenario. These steps will keep apps like Bank app running accurately and enhance the iPhone’s performance.
12. Set Date & Time Automatic
For no reason, the Bank app may not work correctly if your iPhone date & time aren’t synced with the actual date & time.
- Go to Settings App.
- Select General.
- Click on Date & Time.
- Toggle on Set Automatically.
Hopefully, your issue will be resolved. In case not, move to the next solution.
13. Contact Bank Support
Still, the Bank app is not working on iOS 17? Don’t lose hope. Your bank app has a dedicated customer support team to assist you when you’re stuck with various issues, including this one. Reach them via mail, chat, or call and enroll your query. That’s It!
We’ve piled up a few practical tricks that you can perform to fix the bank app not working on your iPhone. So whether your Bank App is crashing, freezing, or not allowing you to check deposits or transfer funds, these solutions will fix those problems.