Here’s how to take off ios 17 beta? This is the complete theory on going back to public iOS after installed the iOS 17 beta/ iPadOS 17 beta profile. After Apple iOS 17 Beta is available for the developers and other iOS users. Generally, you might know that the beta version is only for testing firmware and so it may come with the number of bugs that the beta tester reported. Apple stable iOS 17 GM will release on September 2023 for Public users via OTA update free of charge with iOS 17 supported devices.
In case, your iOS device is running with an iOS 17 beta profile and you found bugs like FaceTime screen share not working, Screen not responding, Some buttons don’t work, Bluetooth connection problems, quick battery drain, the device running slow, overheating issue, call failed, wifi connection not working, etc. So, to get rid of all these iOS 17 beta issues, you should go back to the public iOS available stable version.
For that, you must have to remove the iOS 17 beta profile first. Otherwise, stable Version updates do not show up on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
If you are not right technically, then learn below
how to take off iOS 17 Beta on your iPhone or Uninstall iOS 17 Beta without Computer
Remove Installed Developer Beta on iPhone/iPad
For iOS 17 Installed iPhone,
1→ Open the Settings app on iPhone > Scroll to General > Software Update.
2→ Next, Select Signed in the Beta Updates Option, Select off, and Go back to Apply the Changes.
3→ That’s it. Now your iPhone will get iOS 17 Public Update when available.
If you are looking to Install iOS 17 right now, then you have to Restore iOS 16 ipsw file using Mac or PC. But in this process, you have to erase your iPhone complately and install iOS 16 Latest Update. For Now, the Right option is to Stop Beta Updates Explained in the above steps.
For iOS 16 installed iPhone,
Step #1. Unlock your iPhone or iPad Screen.
Step #2. Open up the Settings App then Tap General.
Step #3. Tap Profiles & Device Management > Tap iOS 16 Profile >
Remove Profile [This will “Remove iOS 15 Beta Profile Certificate“]
Step #4. You must enter your Phone unlock screen Passcode if prompted then Tap Remove again.
Step #5. You will have to Power Off your device by holding down the sleep-wake button and then Slide to Power Off. Then After Restart your iDevice (iPad and iPad) by holding the Power (Sleep-wake up) button.
Step #6. After your device has restarted, Launch the Settings App > Tap General > Tap Software Update > At the End, Tap Download, and Install the Software official iOS 15 and later as usual.
Here’s more detail – How to Download and install iOS 15 update on iPhone and iPad without iTunes
How to Update from iOS 17 Beta to Official Public iOS Version with iTunes on Mac/Windows Computer
Updating iOS 15 with iTunes is not such a simple way as you need to put your device into recovery mode. But if you are unable to jump over to the public iOS 15 version of the ecosystem from the beta on your iOS device, You should Try the following Steps!
Note: You must have the latest iTunes installed on your computer or Mac. If you have the latest iTunes, then connect your iOS device to your PC. Otherwise, update iTunes software first. Then go to the next steps.
- Step #1. Now, you need to put your device in recovery mode. (Power off your iOS device, then connect it to your Mac or Windows computer
- Step #2. Launch iTunes or Finder
- Step #3. Hard Reboot iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus/ iPhone X, XS Max, XS, XR, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max/12/13 Pro/ Pro Max:
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start the iPhone, Again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
- For Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press & Hold Side button + Volume Down button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For Apple iPhone 6S & Earlier: You should Press and hold on the iPhone Sleep/Wake + Home button at the same time till appear to slide to power off.
- Step #4. Make sure not to release the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen. Keep holding both buttons until the recovery mode screen appears.)
- Step #5. Next, click on Restore to download and install the official version of iOS 15. Next, click Agree to the Terms and Conditions. [it will take more than 15 minutes to download the latest iOS version to your Mac, Might be your iPhone removed from Recovery mode, Once the software is downloaded, repeat the same step 3 onward.]
- To uninstall iOS beta software; You can get more on Apple Website
Now, the public version of iOS 15 will be downloaded on your device. Before you remove the iOS 17 Beta Profile, you must try the new iOS 17 Features that are most important for you!
Do you have any issues removing the iOS 17 beta Profile or iOS 17 beta Profile certificate no longer showing up on your Apple phone? Please send us an email or write down a comment.