Table of Contents Show
- Calendar very slow with macOS Monterey
- Basic- Solution – Check for the latest macOS Update
- Step #1. Delete the com.Apple.ical.plist
- Solution#2. Perform Safe Mode on Mac Monterey
- What happens in Safe mode to my Mac? Bottom-listed points denote how does mac safe mode works?
- Solution #3. Repair Your Mac Drive-in Recovery Mode
- Solution #4. Re-install macOS Monterey
- Solution #5. Report a Bug
- Solution #6. Upgrade SSD on Old mac
- Solution #7. install Alternative Calendar App for your Mac computer
Apple’s Mac calendar is the most widely used App in the entire Mac system. It can sync to non-apple app services and Caldev servers also. Moreover, it can smoothly run on any Mac notebook as well as a Mac desktop. But recently, feedback, macOS calendar runs slow after macOS upgrade.
Here I have some hacks that will boost Mac calendar speed doesn’t matter the macOS version. Let’s follow the steps to fix the Mac calendar not loading that is stuck on the spinning wheel;
Calendar very slow with macOS Monterey
Basic- Solution – Check for the latest macOS Update
in most cases, somewhat glitches in mac software problems occurred, hence, first, check for new macOS Update by following the bottom given steps;
- Steps for MacOS 13 Ventura:- Go to the Apple Logo on the top menu bar> Choose System Settings > Click General > Hit on Software Update > Download and install.
Hint: How to Fix Mac Stuck on Checking for Update
- On MacOS Monterey & Earlier:- Go to Apple Logo – System Preference – Choose Software Update [latest available update is macOS 12.3.2]
if any update pop-ups, Please download and install the newest update on your Mac to run your machine’s App and whole system more smoothly than ever before.
Step #1. Delete the com.Apple.ical.plist
Follow the bottom steps to find the delete com.Apple.ical.plist path
Step #1. Open Finder on your Mac
Step #2. Click Go on the top menu
Step #3. select Go to Folder from the drop-down list
Step #4. Choose /Library/Preferences/
Find com.Apple.ical.plist file using search bar
Step #5. now right-click on that file and choose a move to bin.
After deletion of com.Apple.ical.plist file, restart your Mac and try again to use the calendar App. I hope this is found helpful like a charm. if not work for you. go to the next solution.
Solution#2. Perform Safe Mode on Mac Monterey
Have you installed or run any “cleaning” apps (for example; Software Ambience Daisy Disk 4, Titanium Software Onyx 3.9.7, Piriform Software CCleaner 1.18.30), “optimizing” tools such as (CleanMyMac X), “speed-up” software, Mac anti-virus, or VPN apps on your Mac?
I suggest that you boot your Mac into Safe Mode according to Startup your Mac in safe mode and try again to see if the problem persists. Then Reboot normally and test again.
What happens in Safe mode to my Mac? Bottom-listed points denote how does mac safe mode works?
NOTE: if you run your Mac into Safe Mode boot, it can take up to 3 – 5 minutes cause it attempts the bottom given steps;
• Verifies your Mac startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, in case of need
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)
• it stops Startup Items and Login Items from launching automatically
• Disables fonts that are installed by Mac administrator
• Safe mode Wipes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files on your Mac
Solution #3. Repair Your Mac Drive-in Recovery Mode
to learn about how to repair a mac drive in recovery mode, click here to get depth information.
Solution #4. Re-install macOS Monterey
Above all techniques followed, but none of the workarounds worked; let me know you; the final solution is re-install macOS to get your Mac like a refresh mac operations system.
Solution #5. Report a Bug
if you found the exact issue or Expected reasons, then you must share the report of a bug with the apple development team. To get the best solution in the near future or upcoming updates. Sometimes an apple gives a surprise gift to you in such a case.
Solution #6. Upgrade SSD on Old mac
Now, on New apple Mac has no option to upgrade the SSD but some models have an option. you have to identify and try to upgrade HDD with Best SSD for mac with the help of a Nearby Apple Device repair store or Get an online guide from youtube as well.
Solution #7. install Alternative Calendar App for your Mac computer
If none of the solutions resolve your Mac calendar lagging issue? I Suggest you best Calendar Apps for Mac that will work as a better planner and keep your schedule up to date. ideal application for All business users, students, Financial employees, etc. in more, Our top calendar Apps list advantages for Microsoft Windows users.