You are in the right place if you felt and finding the solutions for Hey Siri is not enabled on your new Airpods 2. Because now Using Hey Siri command we can play any song, playlist, Make a call, Nearby area on Map guide, Know the battery level and more. To use all the features we must have a wake-up Siri on Hey Siri command works correctly. Now find out where is the problems that causing the issues on using Siri feature on Airpods 2.
Some of the time Siri is not activating on the first attempt or failed to use it correctly. The main reasons for internal software glitch, outdated iOS version, Siri is disabled after reset or accidentally. Let’s try to fix it and follow me the below troubleshooting tips,
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Important Hey Siri commands and Suggestions:
- Hey Siri, Check my Airpods Battery level
- Hey Siri, call my mom.
- Hey Siri, Play My Playlist
- Hey Siri, Turn up the Volume
- Hey Siri, Where is the nearby gas station
Hey Siri Troubleshooting Tips on Airpods 2 That’s Not Working and Replying
Apple document suggests that,
Solution 1: You should check your Device network connections
If you aren’t connected to the proper Internet, definitely Siri might say something like “Sorry, I’m having trouble connecting to the network,” or “Try again in a little while.” That’s why Make sure that your Airpods Paired devices are connected to the Internet and try again.
Solution 2: Check Hey Siri is Enabled or Disabled
To use Siri on any Apple devices (Now Hey Siri is available on all Apple devices like apple watch, Homepod, iPhone, iPad, iPod, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini and finally now on Airpods 2).
For all Apple devices, Apple allows making it enable or disable that help from unauthorized activates Siri from the device Settings.
- For Airpods: Go to the iPhone Settings app > Siri > Enable Allow Siri when locked. These Settings automatically applied to your Airpods Settings.
- On macOS Sierra, Mojave, Catalina or later, go to Apple () menu > Choose System Preferences, click Siri, then make sure that Enable Ask Siri is selected.
Also, you can customize Siri Voice, Language (Right now Airpods 2 doesn’t support other languages and will be added soon for more geo areas).
Solution 3: Enable Double Tap to Activate Siri Without Hey Siri Command
First Generation Airpods also we can use for Siri. Just Double-tap on Airpods and activate Siri without Hey Siri command.
How to enable Double-tap on Airpods for Siri
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone and Tap on Bluetooth.
- Next, to the Bluetooth, tap on Airpods if it’s paired and connected.
- Now scroll to find the option for Siri keeps selected under the Double-Tap on Airpods.
Solution 4: Remove restrictions from Siri
If you have enabled restriction to Siri & Dictation, then Hey Siri will not work until the restriction is removed from the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app > Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Under Allowed Apps, enable Siri & Dictation.
- For iOS 11, Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Click on the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Go to Parental Controls and then Others.
- Now uncheck the Turn Off Siri & Dictation.
Solution 5: Make sure Microphones are working correctly
Let’s See, Why is AirPods Siri not picking up my voice? Siri will only act on your words when the commands are given by you, clearly heard by Siri and it can only be done when microphones are working properly as they are the only responsible one to listen and act on commands given by you.
There’s one setting that must be enabled to use Hey Siri on AirPods,
- Open the Settings app > Bluetooth and tap on (i) next to AirPods.
- Tap Microphone.
- Turn on Automatically Switch AirPods.
If the above solution doesn’t work then try cleaning the AirPods. You can check our video on how to clean AirPods.
Solution 6: Hard Reboot Your Airpods and Re-pair With Your iPhone
Yes, Airpods can use and directly pair with Mac, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, See here how to pair AirPods with Apple Device after unpair.
Solution 7: Check the Latest Firmware installed on Your Airpods
Make your AirPods updated and bugs free, know how to check AirPods firmware version and how to update AirPods. There is no manual way to update AirPods, it will automatically get updated when connected to the iPhone or any other iDevice.
Solution 8: Reset Network Settings
Reset Network Settings on iPhone or other Apple device that connected on Airpods
According to Apple Device that has been connected with Airpods, Steps for reset network settings change.
- On your iPhone, iPad: Go to the Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- On your Apple Watch: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- On your Mac: Open Bluetooth preference under the system preferences. Disconnect the Airpods and Pair again.
I hope you guys you have been fixed all the problems that happen with your Airpods. Don’t miss to share your feedback and working troubleshooting solutions that worked for you and helpful suggestions in the comment box.