macOS Sonoma takes Mac customization to the next level. You have the desktop reflect your style, making it more convenient and informative. Aside from letting you add the Widgets to your Mac desktop, you can now add your iPhone’s Widget to a Mac desktop as a little helper to save time and ease` your digital life. With this, you can now check the iPhone’s battery life, control your music playback, etc., without taking your iPhone in hand.
In this article, you will learn the different ways to access iPhone Widgets on Mac. So without ado, let’s get started.
Steps to Use iPhone Widgets on Mac
Before proceeding to the procedure, ensure your Mac is updated to the latest macOS. For this, read our guide on how to update your Mac.
Mac Sonoma saying “Open app on iPhone to continue” Follow the Requirements
Requirements to access iPhone Widgets on Mac desktop
After updating your Mac to the latest macOS, ensure you’ve ticked all below requirements to add and remove iPhone widgets on your Mac desktop.
- Enable Use iPhone Widgets Toggle from Mac settings. Go to the Apple Logo > System Settings > Desktop & Dock > Enable “Use iPhone Widgets”.
- Continuity Camera feature should be enabled on your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff > toggle to enable Continuity Camera.
- You must sign in with the same Apple ID on your iPhone & Mac.
- Your iPhone must be nearby, or your Mac and iPhone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Update your Mac (Apple logo > System Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install) and Update your iPhone (Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install) to the latest Software Update.
Steps to add iPhone widgets on Mac Desktop
There are two ways to access iPhone widget from a Mac desktop: Using right-click and via the notification center.
1→ Right-click anywhere on your Mac desktop. Click on Edit Widgets…
2→ From the Widget Gallery window, click on From iPhone in the right-top corner.
3→ From the left side, click on the App in which you need Widgets.
4→ From the right side, select the desired Widget Style. Upon clicking will directly add the Widget to your Mac Desktop. Alternatively, you can click on the Green + Icon or drag & drop widget on your desktop.
Using Notification Center
- Click on Date & Time next to the Control Center in the Mac menu bar.
- Select Edit Widget Button.
- From the Widget Gallery window, click on From iPhone on the right-top corner.
- From the left side, click on the App which you need Widgets.
- From the right side, select the desired Widget Style. Upon clicking will directly add the Widget to your Mac Desktop. Alternatively, you can click on the Green + Icon or drag & drop widget right on your desktop.
If Widgets are broken after performing the steps mentioned above, read our article on how to fix Widgets not working on Mac.
How to remove iPhone Widget from Mac Desktop
If you no longer need iPhone Widgets on your Mac desktop, then right-click on the desired widget, and from the resulting prompt, select Remove Widget. That’s It!
How to Edit iPhone Widget on Mac Desktop
If your iPhone’s widget shows wrong information on Mac Desktop, right-click on it and select Edit Widget and configure preferred information.
As you can see, adding iPhone Widgets to the Mac desktop is easy. With Widget Gallery, you can quickly add, remove and customize with just a few clicks.