Last Updated on Sep 8, 2020
Google Fi is an advanced carrier offering by Google, lately replaced by Project Fi, attracting the audience of old Carrier Companies like T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, etc. Compare to all these carrier providers, Google Fi is cheaper, plans to start from $20, and can go up to $16, if you buy more than one connection. Though there are few limitations to use the Google Fi eSIM, whether it is Android or iPhone, however, the traditional physical SIM is opened for all the devices.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to activate Google Fi on the iPhone with an eSIM, and also how to check the device compatibility. If you’re a beginner, it may be difficult to set up the eSIM on iPhone, to make it easier; we have broken up the article into different sections. Learn how to set up Google Fi eSIM on iPhone.
How to Setup and Use Google Fi eSIM on iPhone
Google Fi Compatible iPhones
As of now, Fi supports the following iPhones,
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2020
Join Google Fi Network and verify iPhone Compatibility
- Visit the Google Fi on the browser.
- Click Join Fi on the top-right corner.
- Now if you own the latest iPhone model, then click on the Quick setup to start the activation process.
- Alternatively, for older and recent iPhones, choose accordingly and go with the on-screen instructions. Unfortunately, yet there is no support for older iPhones. So you’ll want to buy a physical SIM or upgrade the iPhone.
Download Google Fi iOS App
- Download and install the Google Fi app on your iPhone.
- After choosing eSIM, the Google Fi app will automatically confirm the compatibility between the iOS version, device, and Google Fi eSIM.
- Tap Get started to begin eSIM activation if iPhone and the iOS are approved by Google Fi app.
- Google Fi app could show an error if either of them is incompatible. In that case, buy a new iPhone or physical Google Fi SIM.
Activate eSim on iPhone
- Click on the Quick setup link to begin eSIM activation. Since, the next step will ask you to scan the QR code, open the Quick Setup link on PC or alternate device, except the one on which you’re activating eSIM.
- Sign in to the Google Fi, ignore if already signed in.
- Lastly, scan the QR Code using the iPhone on which you want to activate the Google Fie SIM. Follow on-screen instructions and complete setup.
- Refresh the QR Code if it doesn’t load or show an error.
Can I Switch Physical SIM to eSIM on iPhone?
Yes! It takes a few minutes to switch between physical SIM to eSIM on iPhone with the following listed steps.
Premium Support is Free Now
- I presume physical SIM is inserted correctly on the iPhone.
- Remove and reinstall the Google Fi app.
- Sign in to the Google Fi with the existing Fi account credentials.
- When you see Download your SIM, tap on it.
Note: If you’re unable to make or receive calls after switching from physical SIM to eSIM, then delete the old cellular profiles attached to your phone number.
Can I Switch eSIM to Physical SIM on the iPhone?
- Insert the physical SIM card, and be sure that eSIM is working too.
- Reinstall the Google Fi app.
- Sign in to Google Fi account.
- Tap Continue and complete the procedure.