Last Updated on Aug 16, 2020
iOS 14 & Latest macOS introduced hundreds of features comprising minor changes and major updates. The native Messages App of iPhone and Mac got some bigger like Pinning up to 9 Conversations at once, a Special Mute feature for Group Chats, Inline Replies, Mentions, Typing Indicators, Enhanced Memojis, and more. Another noticeable change in Messages App is in Group Chats, till now Apple won’t let us Add Group Name and Photos to Messages on iPhone and Mac, just like WhatsApp, Facebook Groups, and other social media applications.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Previously, the Group Conversations only show the Contact Names, and Photos if you have assigned to their contact, so it’s kind of chaotic to find the group without any sort of identification. In some cases, we have the same contact in two different groups, what will you do, for that? Rather add name and photo on iMessage Group on iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur in iPhone, iPad, Mac respectively.
How to Rename Group and Set Photo on iMessage Group in iPhone, iPad iOS 14
You can give funny Group Name, Add your own photo, or organization’s logo or Emoji as a Group icon in iMessage.
- Navigate to the Messages App on the iOS device.
- Tap on the iMessage Group that you want to customize.
- On the top-center of the iMessage Group Chat, tap on the People as shown in the sample image.
- Then, select info.
- Tap Change Name and Photo option.
- Type the Group Name and choose the Photo. To capture a photo, tap on the Camera icon, or go to the Photos app (tap on Photos icon next to Camera icon) and find the image that you want to set as Group Photo in iOS 14. You can also set the Emoji as a Profile Photo in iMessage Group.
- Once you are satisfied with the Photo and Group Name, tap Done.
How to Add Group Name and Photo on iMessage on Mac macOS Big Sur or Later
This feature is extended to the MacOS Big Sur too, here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Messages App on Mac.
- Open the Group Chat.
- Click on the (i) at the top-right corner.
- Click Change Group Name and Photo.
- Assign Group a Name, and Set a Photo. Choose from Emojis or open your Photos collection and select the photo.
- Once you are finished, click Done.
Now, it’s Easy to Find your Favorite conversation and Group conversation with the name. Also, you can pin conversation and Group on your Messages app on iPhone,iPad, and Mac (macOS Big Sur or later MacOS). We can Add Up to 9 Pined Conversations.