Last Updated on Nov 20, 2020
No offense, but if your patience level is not so high, then don’t ever opt for betas. Either it is iOS or MacOS, the betas are jam-packed with bugs and errors that no one has ever thought. For the starters you will find the performance issues on iPhone, app crashing randomly, settings won’t work, and more. iOS 14 update is full-fledged with a feature that even I can’t keep it from my iPhone if you are the one, and downloaded the iOS 14 Beta, and already took the glimpse of iOS 14 features, then rolling back to the iOS 13 until the stable iOS 14 releases, is a wise choice.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Officially there is no way to downgrade the iOS 14 beta to iOS 13, no matter what smartphone you use, downgrading to lower version is restricted. But there is always a hack to make things work; here we will show you how to restore iPhone in recovery mode which will bring back the latest iOS 13 on your device. Before restoring the iPhone into recovery mode, make sure to back up the iPhone. Your iPhone will be clean slate once you restore it, so the backup will help you to get back all the data to the iPhone as it is.
How to Rollback to iOS 13 from iOS 14 Using Finder on Mac
Disable Find My iPhone First
To restore the older iOS version, you have to turn off the Find My iPhone feature first and then only iPhone will let you downgrade the iOS 14 to iOS 13.
- Go to the Settings
- Tap on your name.
- Select Find My.
- Then open Find My iPhone.
- Disable Find My iPhone.
- Enter the Apple ID Password and confirm the action.
How to Downgrade iOS 14 beta to iOS 13 iPhone
- Let’s Connect the iPhone to the Mac using a lightning Cable.
- Now launch Finder. (Finder for macOS Catalina users)
- If you’re running macOS Mojave or Earlier and Windows PC, then open the iTunes.
- Keep the iPhone connected to the Mac/PC.
- Now put the iPhone into recovery mode, here are the steps.
- For iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Recovery screen appears on the iPhone. It will look like cable pointing to the PC.
- For iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and Side button and release when Apple Recovery screen displays.
- For iPhone 6S or Earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button and release when the recovery mode screen comes up.
- If pop-up asks you to Restore or Update, click Restore.
- Or find the iPhone on the iTunes screen, and then choose Restore.
- It will take a few minutes to restore the latest iOS 13 version.
Once the restore process completes, set up the iPhone as new.
How to Downgrade iOS 14 beta to iOS 13 without Losing Data
This method can delete the Messages and Phone Call Logs, however, other than that your iPhone may be stuck in the boot loop. So its better to back up the iPhone and proceed further. The following steps will show you how to downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13 as well as when to back up the iPhone.
- First of all, download the IPSW File for your iPhone’s iOS 13 latest version.
- Once the download completes, connect the iPhone to the PC using a lightning cable.
- Then for macOS Catalina or later, launch the Finder and for other macOS and Windows PC, open iTunes.
- Select the iPhone from the sidebar.
- For the precautions, we will recommend you to take the latest backup of the iPhone, tap Back Up Now.
- So if anything goes, wrong, factory resetting the iPhone is the only option, and later you can use the latest iTunes backup to restore the data.
- Wait until the backup is completed, then move to the next step.
- Press the Option key and click on the Check for Update if you have Mac and for Windows PC, press Shift key, and click on Check for Update.
- Locate the IPSW File for the iOS 13’s latest version and select it.
- Then, a prompt will ask you to update, click Update.
- This may take 15-20 minutes.
- Now set up the iPhone as new.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏