Last Updated on Mar 19, 2021
Dropbox is one of the most used Cloud Space across the world when it comes to Personal as well as small businesses. Here, people can store and manage the data without worrying about any loss or damage, all you need is a good internet connection to download and upload the files on Dropbox. Anytime, you can remove the files from Dropbox as well as add. For starters, if you don’t want to pay, Dropbox gives you free 2GB of storage, to store files, videos, photos, and data without paying a single penny. While, to get more storage, upgrade the Dropbox storage by paying a reasonable amount.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
In this article, we’ve explained different segments of Dropbox, that one should know to make the work easier and also increase productivity. Transferring files from Dropbox to Computer, downloading videos from Dropbox to Mac, PC, etc tutorials have been covered in this line of the article.
How Do I Transfer Photos from Dropbox to my Computer?
There are two ways to transfer files from Dropbox to computer aside from Photos, here’s how to do it.
Method 1: Using Dropbox App
If there’s enough space on your Mac and PC to download the Dropbox app, and you don’t have any issue with it, using the Dropbox App to download files from Dropbox to a computer is too easy. Here’s how to download photos from Dropbox to MacBook Pro, Mac, and PC using Dropbox App.
- Visit the Download Link and install the Dropbox App on your PC or Mac.
- Once the Dropbox App is installed, your files, photos will automatically sync to Dropbox.
- Locate the photos in the Dropbox App and copy them to the desire location on the Mac [Finder] and PC [Folder].
- This is the easiest way to copy the Dropbox files to the local Mac and PC storage.
Method 2: Using Dropbox Web Version
Dropbox also has a browser interface, it provides all the functions as the Dropbox App. If you don’t wish to clutter the PC with Dropbox App, then use the web version to download the files and images to the PC and Mac. However, you would need a powerful internet connection to download the files from Dropbox to your PC.
- Open the Dropbox Link on any web browser.
- Enter the Dropbox credentials of the account from which you want to download the photos on the computer.
- Find the photos that you want to download on the computer.
- Click Download, the download will start immediately.
How to Save a Video from Dropbox to your Computer?
Saving or Download Video from Dropbox is as easy as downloading files or photos from Dropbox. All you need is Dropbox credentials and you’re ready to go.
- Visit Dropbox on any web browser and sign in with the login.
- Select the video from Dropbox.
- After selecting the video, click on Download option on the sidebar.
- Depending on the internet speed, the video will download on your Mac or PC.
How to Download Large Files from Dropbox to Computer?
Dropbox too have some restrictions when it comes to storing and downloading data to PC. However, it might take few minutes, but you can download large files from Dropbox to the Computer in few steps.
- Go to Dropbox on any web browser.
- Select a file that you want to download and click on the Download button.
- Sometimes you won’t be able to download the large folder that is exceeding 1GB, in such cases, open the folder and download the large files individually.
- That’s the only option to download large files from Dropbox to MacBook, Windows.
How Do I Remove files from Dropbox but keep them on my Computer?
Unfortunately, as of right now, Dropbox don’t allow you to remove files from the Dropbox account but keep them on Mac and PC. Once any file is removed from the Dropbox, it will stay in the deleted files list, where you can recover, but only for 30 days.
Apparently, if the Dropbox storage is full and you need the files, simply copy or download the files from the Dropbox to local storage and delete it from the Dropbox.