Last Updated on Jul 14, 2021
There are many instances where you would need to enable Bluetooth without Keyboard and Mouse. For example, if you’re highly dependent on a wireless keyboard and mouse, and Bluetooth stopped working, how will you turn on Bluetooth without Mouse or Trackpad? In another case, if you’ve turned off Bluetooth accidentally, all the Bluetooth devices will be disconnected from the Mac, and to turn back the Bluetooth, you would have to try the below-listed trick.
Besides, when Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, the only alternative left for you is to troubleshoot the Bluetooth connectivity issues and fix the problem. Let check how to turn on Bluetooth without a keyboard or mouse in Mac.
How to Turn On Bluetooth without a Keyboard or Mouse or Trackpad on Mac?
Use Hey Siri on Mac
Use Siri Command: Hey Siri while connected to Headphone. Make sure Hey Siri is enabled from your Mac system Preferences settings. If not, then follow the below steps,
- Click on Apple Logo from top Mac Menu > System Preferences.
- Next, Click on Siri.
- And Select “Enable Ask Siri” checkbox. Also Select Checkbox “Listen for “Hey Siri” on Headphones”.
- Any Say “Hey Siri, Turn on Bluetooth” in Headphone microphone, and Your mac will turn on Bluetooth without mouse and Keyboard.
- That’s it.
Method 1: With a Working USB Keyboard
It’s hard to find a wired keyboard in this era; most people have already moved on to wireless devices; whether it’s a Keyboard, Mouse, or Headphones, everything is wireless. Since Bluetooth is not working correctly, then, of course, the wireless peripherals are useless; however, you can try arranging a wired keyboard and plug the USB cable into the Mac.
- Connect Keyboard via USB to the Mac.
- Once the Mac detects the keyboard, launch Spotlight Search by pressing Command+Space Bar.
- Search Bluetooth File Exchange in the spotlight search.
- Press Return.
- When you select Bluetooth File Exchange, a pop-up will ask you to enable Bluetooth if it is disabled.
- Select Turn Bluetooth On.
- Use the Return key to enable Bluetooth.
- Once the Bluetooth is enabled, the mouse and trackpad will auto-connect to Mac.
Don’t have Keyboard, Mouse, or Trackpad? Here’s What to Do
Can’t arrange the keyboard or mouse or trackpad? Then we’ve another workaround to turn on Bluetooth in Mac.
- Close all your apps, documents, and programs after saving them.
- Remove all the connected physical peripherals and devices like Keyboard, Mouse, Trackpad, Printer, Headphone, etc., from the Mac.
- Now Power Off the Mac. To do so, press and hold the power button until it turns off completely.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and then press and hold the Power button to turn on Mac.
- Let the Mac boot up; after detecting no Bluetooth devices are connected to the Mac, Bluetooth Setup Assistant would come up and let you turn on Bluetooth.
Use Bluetooth Adapter
The Best USB Bluetooth Adapter is available in all features like long-range connectivity and Easy Setup [Plug and connect]. Supported with all Headphones, accessories. Easy Setup and connect your Mouse and Keyboard.
Take advantage of free apple hardware support; Apple will repair or replace your Mac is free of cost; if your Mac is under warranty, check your Mac Warranty status online. Here’s a full guide on how to contact apple support and Book Appointment at apple genius bar. If the Hardware repair cost is high, I recommend using External Bluetooth Adapter explained in this tutorial.