Last Updated on Jun 22, 2021
On some critical OS X Error, Keep your Mac, MacBook, iMac fresh by reinstall, or Repair Mac OS X. So, You just need to update or Repair your OS X on Mac, Here you can try or follow the steps to fix the software issues because of corrupted OS Files. This is an official OS feature that will help in Repair your File system, Volume errors without lost data, or Clean up data then Re-install the latest version of MacOS on your Mac system without software or costly tools available in the market.
Apple gives an official way to resolve errors through the Erase and Repair process. Quite simple but you need some knowledge about Disk utilities on your Mac. if you made a partition for running different OS X or Windows OS on Mac, MacBook, or iMac. Then be safe and work within your OS X that’s you want to erase and Reinstall fresh OS X with bug/ Error fixed.
Note: During the whole process you need internet connections, Mainly at the time of reinstall.
🗣Useful: MacOS Monterey or later macOS users [M1 Macs only] can Erase all Content and Settings on Mac, To fix internal Software issues and Clean up Data.
Steps for reinstall or Repair MacOS On MacBook Mac
Reset all factory settings by erasing your mac and then reinstall all in-built apps and tools, Settings.
Repair MacOS on your Mac: Repair MacOS Volume
- Open Disk Utility on your Mac (Command + Space to Open Spotlight search and Type Disk Utility).
- Next, Select the Installation drive from the sidebar of the Disk Utility window, Then Select the First Aid option from the top.
Reinstall MacOS Without Erase Data
Note: we highly recommend to Take Backup in time machine on Mac before start the installation.
Reinstall is automatic process on any Mac computer. Depends on supported MacOS, Mac users can reinstall new copy of MacOS without Data loss on Mac in Recovery mode. Follow the below steps for Reinstall MacOS [Monterey/Big Sur..] on Mac.
Note: Recovery mode process is Different for M1/T2 Chip Mac and Intel Mac. Follow the below steps for your M1 Mac or intel mac [How to know your Mac].
For M1 Mac:-
as we know, M1 mac has a direct option to Erase all content and settings option with macOS Monterey or later MacOS.
- Shut down your mac and Wait for 20 seconds. Now, Press and Hold on Power key [Touch ID button].
- Until you see the Startup volumes with Options [Gear icon] on screen.
- Click on the Options > Select Reinstall MacOS option to Install New copy of macOS from internet without Erase data.
- That’s it.
For Intel mac:-
- Shut down your mac and Turn on your Mac after 20 seconds.
- Next, Quickly Press and Hold Command + R key from Keyboard until your Mac sees screen MacOS Utilities with the option “Re-Install MacOS“.
- Go with the Option and Follow the on-screen installation to set up a new copy of macOS without Erase Data from the drive.
- That’s it.
If you failed and won’t able to take simple install process then go with clean install to repair serious bug automatically.
Clean or Erase All Data then Reinstall MacOS
Prerequisite: Before start reinstall or Repair Mac OS X, Keep all useful files and folders in external drives. Time of repair/ reinstall OS X, Power adapter must be connected and turn on.
- Step 1: Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu. > Restart.
- Step 2: Before starting again, on the gray screen press the command and R key continuously. [For M1 mac > Press and Hold on Power button until you see Options [Settings icon] > Click on Options > See Option for Disk Utility and Install MacOS].
- Step 3: Next, Choose the MacOS utilities > Continue.
- Step 4: Now, Go with your Startup disk and Click on the Erase option from the top.
Install New OS X – Mojave, Sierra, Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
in the process of reinstall your device connected with the internet.
Follow the on-screen OS X installation process, in which disk you want to install OS X.
Once setup is done you can new enjoy error-free new OS X On Mac.
In reinstall or Repair Mac OS X, you don’t need any external bootable DVD or USB like windows. Your Mac automatically extracts OS X saved on the drive.