Last Updated on Jul 1, 2020
Bluetooth is one of the most useful features for connecting external hardware, Accessories for making our task over the air, by Simple and easy configuration very fast and automatically. So, people sometimes feel poor Bluetooth performance and blame Apple or third-party devices. We covered alternate ways to fix it for different types of most common issues like Bluetooth disconnecting sometimes, Bluetooth not working on Mac, Can’t able to find other Bluetooth devices or Bluetooth not turning on iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini or iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
For Mac user, the time you go we should retest Bluetooth functionality on Mac Because it’s mostly used for the different purpose,
- Use an apple watch for Unlock Mac & Sync Data
- Wireless headphone or speaker, Listen Audio remotely
- Share the internet using Instant Hotspot: To use iPhone/ iPad cellular data on Mac
- Pair Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse
Bluetooth is essential to work on macOS, Sometimes WiFi also required for secure connections (Solved WiFi not Working on macOS).
Most Common Problems on Bluetooth Not Working on Mac
#1. Debug Bluetooth: Reset Bluetooth module
This short method fixes and recovers discounting problem, From your keyboard press (Shift + Option keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar). Shortcut keys are the same for macOS Big Sur, macOS Sierra, EI Capitan, Mavericks or Yosemite or Earlier.
See the instant effect; the Different pop-down menu will appear on the screen, Go to Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module.
Wait for few seconds, Turn off & Turn on Bluetooth then Reconnect Bluetooth Device.
Then try it should be work correctly. Get here the complete guide to Reset Bluetooth hardware module on Mac
Note: Are you pairing with Headphone or Speaker, Also check the volume level of your mac. Or check with another active speaker.
#2. How to reset BlueTooth on mac: Clear Cache preference
2.1 Reset Bluetooth mac using Terminal
Using a terminal command line clear or reset Bluetooth settings. Open terminal Application > Utilities or Search from spotlight search.
Copy below like one by one and Reset bluetooth using the terminal,
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
2.2 Clear or reset Bluetooth from Mac system folder
- Open Finder on Mac.
- From Top Menu click on Go > Go to Folder
- Enter – /Library/Preferences and click on the Go button. Now Find below file,
- Backup this file on desktop folder and Delete from Preferences folder. Now Restart your Mac and Try again Bluetooth.
Move this file into the trash. (More Bluetooth not working on Mac)
Some user experienced, com apple BlueTooth plist missing and not found. In that case, the technique works alternatively.
#3. Verify Device
Around many apple Devices and Bluetooth devices with the same name, how to identify the exact mechanism from Bluetooth MAC Address.
Once you connected with the invention but don’t confident about paired with the correct device or not, See all saved or contact device’s Bluetooth Address on Mac
Go to the Apple Menu > About This Mac > System Report > Hardware > Bluetooth
See above Screen: Bluetooth mac address lookup, Bluetooth mac address format on Mac
First Section shows All Bluetooth related details. Next, you will find connected or saved device’s features.
#4. Check Updated With latest MacOS Version
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
- Go to the App store and see any updates available for your current macOS version installed on Mac, Macbook, iMac, Mac Mini.
#5. MacBook pro BlueTooth not finding devices or add BlueTooth to Mac
Restart your Mac & Bluetooth Device that persist problem on BlueTooth connectivity.
Keep your another BlueTooth device, 30 meters or less.
Manually browse the device, Click on Bluetooth icon from top menu > Browse File on Device.
Not only just Bluetooth issue with maybe the problem in iPhone, iPad, Apple Keyboard, Mouse or other BlueTooth accessories speaker, headphone, printer, many others.
#6. Go to Apple Help Desk
Contact Apple Support via live chat or phone, Request for repair or fix the issue.
Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Show Up on Mac
It’s nothing new that users brought new headphones or Mac and look for the solution for Bluetooth headphones not connecting to Mac. Unlike, iPhone, iPad connecting Bluetooth headphones isn’t that simple when it comes to Mac.
Premium Support is Free Now
Before doing anything check out the following requirements,
- Turn On the Bluetooth Headphone and keep it in the range of Mac.
- Make sure the headphone is charged enough.
If you have checked the following conditions, then look for the steps and try again to connect the wireless headphones to Mac.
- Click on the Apple logo.
- Select System Preferences.
- Go to the Bluetooth and then enable it.
- Turn on the wireless headphone and press the key to make it discoverable if any available.
- Now, look for the headset on the Bluetooth menu on Mac.
- Click Connect to pair the new wireless headphone with Mac.
- To connect paired headphone you need to right-click and then click on Connect.
Still, if Bluetooth headphones won’t show up on Mac, then follow the above troubleshooting and fix Bluetooth issues with your Mac.