🗓️ November 22, 2023 By ✍️ Jaysukh patelAre you looking for Save More RAM & Your Mac or PC System Resource while Using Edge Browser on Mac or PC Desktop? Now, Microsoft Edge Chromium for Mac and Windows Support Sleeping Tabs Feature. We can enable it easily from the Browser settings right away. But the process is tedious for the first time to make your Browser popup with this option.
Customization is Also available in Sleep Tabs Features! We can Activate Sleeping Tab on your Time to Set. or Exclude the listed out Website from the Turn on Sleeping Tab, while it’s open in Browser for a long time.
Steps for Turn on Sleeping Tabs on Edge Browser on Mac, PC
- Open Edge browser on your Mac or PC then Search edge://flags in the Address bar and hit the enter to see all flags on the browser window.
- Search Flag name with keyword “Sleep Tab“.
- here you get the Enable Sleep Tab flag And Select “Enable” from the drop-down.
- Once you enable sleep tab features, Now you have to Restart your Browser from the popup option.
Now, Browser is restarted with Sleep Tab enabled.
go to edge browser settings for Enable and customizations of Sleeping Tabs.
1. Go to More Option on Browser at top Right Corner of the windows > Settings.
2. From the Side Pane, Go with System > And Enable “Save resources with sleeping tabs“.
How to Customize or Change Sleeping Tab Times Limit
We can adjust the Sleeping tab time limit at a different level. Put inactive tabs to sleep after the specified amount of time: Select 5 minutes to 12 hours from the dropdown.
Don’t want to Enable or Never put these sites to sleep on Edge
Given Exact Website with URL in Excluded website list for never put into sleep.
Click on Add button and Type, URL only. Click on Save to Add into Whitelist.
How to Exclude Website from Sleeping Tab Feature on Edge Browser
Users can Re-Edit or Remove from Exclude sleeping Tabs the website on Edge browser. Click on the (…) More button next to the Website name, and Select Edit or Remove action button to do that.
This Domain includes a subdomain as well. So don’t worry about that.
Google Chrome Browser User, I recommend using The Great Suspender extension to enable Sleeping tabs or Wait for New official Sleeping tab feature to come into the Chrome browser.