Are you having trouble with your iPhone lock screen turning off slowly after pressing the Side Button? If so, you’re not alone!
iPhone lock screen delay is a common problem on iPhones with a Face ID. It impelled a noticeable delay between pressing the Side Key and your iPhone going off, making iPhone users wait a bit longer. Surprisingly, many iPhones aren’t aware of such a situation, and others are willing to find practical solutions to resolve it. However, if this bothers you, here’s the troubleshooting guide to fix iPhone lock screen delay in iOS 17.
iPhone Lock Screen Delay issues
Below are ten handy ways to resolve iPhone lock screen delay in iOS 17. But before that, let’s look at the reasons for the lock screen delay on iPhones.
Why is there a delay when locking or waking up your iPhone
- The Power Key is damaged.
- The case is interrupting the iPhone’s power button.
- Outdated iOS version.
- Unwanted iPhone settings include Accessibility Shortcut, Guided Access, and Apple Wallet.
Solution#1. Turn off Guided Access
Guided access is the feature that lets you focus on a task by temporarily restricting your iPhone to a single app and further allowing you to control which features are available. However, to turn on Guided Access, all you need to do is triple-press the power button, and for that reason, it may cause the lock screen delay. To turn it off, follow the steps below.
1. Launch the Settings App on your iPhone.
2. Swipe down and tap Accessibility.
3. On the next screen, swipe down to the Guided Access.
4. In the next screen, disable the toggle next to Guided Access.
Solution #2. Turn off the Accessibility Shortcut
Some accessibility features require triple-clicking the Power Button to access them. If this shortcut is turned on, it can be a reason for delay while locking the screen on your iPhone. Here’s how you can turn it off.
1. Launch the Settings App on your iPhone. Tap on Accessibility.
3. Scroll to the General section, and select Accessibility Shortcut.
4. Unselect the features that can be turned on by triple-clicking the Side/Power Key.
Solution#3. Disable Apple Wallet
You get access to the Passes and Cards ready to use anytime when you double-press the Power Button to access Apple Wallet on your flagship. However, this is only an unknown reason for delay when locking the screen on your iPhone. And that’s the reason you’ve to turn off Apple Wallet.
1. Go to the Settings App on your iPhone. Tap on “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
2. On the following screen, turn off the toggle next to the “Double Click Side Button.”
Solution #4. Detach Case
If you have wrapped your iPhone with a case and other accessories, it can interrupt the iPhone’s sensor, block the power button, and eventually cause an iPhone lock screen delay. Try detaching the case from your iPhone and then check for issues in this scenario.
Solution #5. Verify if the Power Button is damaged
If the power button is stuck, you might get a delayed response with anything requiring clicking it on your iPhone. Further, if you see physical damage on the Power Key, it’s time to carry your flagship to the nearest Apple Service Station and ask for repair.
Solution #6. Restart your device
Restarting your iPhone is one of the best ways to fix specific issues, including iPhone lock screen delay. So you must try it on your device.
Restart your iPhone with Face ID: Press the Volume Buttons & Side Button simultaneously until you see the Power-Off screen. Drag the Power-Off slider and let your device turn off. Wait for 30 seconds, and then press the Side Key to turn the device back on.
Restart your iPhone with the Home Button: Press the Side Key until you see the Power-Off screen. Drag the Power-Off slider and let your device turn off. Wait for 30 seconds, and then press the Side Key to turn the device back on.
Solution#7. Force Restart your iPhone
If a normal restart doesn’t work for you, then you must force restart your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Press and instantly let out the Volume High Key.
- Press and instantly let out the Volume Low Key.
- Press and hold the Side Key.
- When the Apple logo appears, let out the Side Key.
Solution#8. Update your iPhone
Suppose various users are complaining about the issue while locking their iPhones. To fix it, you must ensure your iPhone runs the latest iOS version.
1. Go to the Settings App on your iPhone. Select General Tab.
2. On the next screen, tap on Software Update.
3. Now, let your iPhone check for updates.
4. If available, tap on Download And Install.
Solution #9. Reset your iPhone
The only solution left to resolve the iPhone lock screen delay in iOS 17 is resetting all settings on the iPhone. Follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Settings App on your iPhone. Tap on General.
2. Tap on ‘Transfer or Reset iPhone.’ On the next screen, select Reset.
3. And tap on Reset All Settings.
4. Enter the Passcode and follow the on-screen prompts to reset your iPhone.
Solution #10. Contact Apple Support
Finally, if none of the solutions work for you, you must instantly Contact Apple Support. Once you reach out to them, they will help you to find the cause behind the issue and accordingly help you to fix it.
That’s It! We hope this troubleshooting guide helps you eliminate delay while you lock the iPhone’s lock screen. If not, you must carry your device to the nearest Apple Store as their chances of Physical damage are the reason for the issue.
How long does the iPhone Button last?
As per my personal experience with an iPhone 5 & older versions – the power button lasts for up to six to seven years, but for this, it needs to be taken care of properly.
Is the lock screen delay issues present on iOS 17 or later version?
Yes, many users across the globe have lock screen delay issues on iOS 17 & later versions. However, if you face the problem on another iOS version, the same troubleshooting tips will help you to get rid of it.
What’s the cost to replace the Power Button on iPhone?
The approximate cost of replacing the iPhone Power Button is around $80. However, the price may vary depending on the iPhone model you have.