Last Updated on Sep 26, 2021
Usually when you update any device, some common bugs like battery issues, the device gets slow down, and many more problems occur. Maybe for a few people, the update is helpful, and for others, it is not. Apple Watch is one of the devices which operate on battery and most important, like other gadgets it receives updates too for a better experience for the user. After upgrading WatchOS, get here how to improve WatchOS 8 battery life.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
[Recommended]: is Apple Watch 6 has more battery storage? Not more. Try the Below troubleshooting tips and tricks that are helping to improve battery life on any Apple Watch model. Because the new Apple Watch 6 Battery life is nearly the same as past Watch models.
So, today we will discuss complications arising in Apple Watch regarding battery life and how can we improve it. There are certain steps given below which can be very helpful for you to enhance the battery life of the Apple Watch after updating it to WatchOS 8 on Apple Watch 6, Apple Watch Series 5, Series 4, and Apple Watch Series 3.
Sometimes battery draining fast because of WiFi, (Bluetooth Disabled on iPhone but Apple Watch is on Bluetooth)
Update WatcOS to the current updated version, Check for update [Running WathOS is WatchOS 8]
How to improve Your Apple Watch battery life Tips and Tricks
1) Reboot/Restart Apple Watch
Rebooting the gadget is the most flexible method for everyone. At any instant, if we face a problem, our primary choice will be to restart the device because it is a straightforward process. To troubleshoot the issue follow the procedure:
- Step 1: Firstly you need to press and hold both the Digital Crown and the side button simultaneously.
- Step 2: continue it, until the apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Turn off Background App Refresh
I personally don’t like Background app refresh, We can use our apple watch properly after disable Background app refresh turned off. here are the steps for turn off Background app refresh for all apps that running on apple watch or Customize for the options of the particular app as well.
Important: Turning off Background app refresh may preserve battery life. Apps with complications on the current watch fave will continue to refresh, even when their background app refresh setting is off.
- Open Watch App on iPhone.
- Tap on My Watch Tab section.
- Now, Tap on General > Background App Refresh.
- Turn off the toggle for Background App Refresh.
- Don’t turn off for all. If you want to enable some of the apps only, then enable the Background app to refresh toggle to green.
- and Disable to toggle for the particular apps only.
- That’s it.
3) Set the background of the display “BLACK.”
It is also the best method without compromising the need to save the power of the apple watch. As you know, multicolor pixels will cost in high consumption of the battery, and if we set a Watch to only a single particular color, then power draw will be minimized.
4: Disable Auto detect GYM equipment
Disable the GYM scan all the time from your Apple Watch settings.
- Go to the Apple Watch App on iPhone
- Scroll down and Tap on Workout.
- Disable: Detect Gym Equipment.
Know Useful guide Detect Gym Equipment on Apple Watch features.
5) Power Reserve Mode
If you are far away from your home or office or traveling somewhere and do not have a charger of apple watch but you need to get updated about the time, then Power Reserve Mode is the best option for you. When you hit that option, every facility and function will be closed except the clock. To make all the features available, you need to reboot the watch.
Step 1: hold the side key until a new screen appears.
Step 2: next, slide the Power Reserve Mode to enable it.
6) Minimize animations
When iPhone’s battery is getting low, we turn off the motions and animations to increase battery life by accessing settings.
Similarly, when all the animations are active, it creates a load on GPU and results in high consumption of the battery. To apply changes, you need to access Apple Watch App on iPhone and then follow the steps:
WatchOS 6 & Later
- Step 1: Open Watch App on iPhone, Tap on My Watch Tab.
- Step 2: then approach Accessibility
- Step 3: in, Accessibility, Enable the Reduce Transparency and Reduce Motion toggle under the Reduce Motion section.
WatchOS 5 & Earlier
- Step 1: Open Watch app > My Watch Tab > Click on General
- Step 2: then approach accessibility
- Step 3: in, accessibility, turn on the Reduce motion and reduce transparency.
7) Disable Wrist Raise Function
Wrist Raise Function is quite helpful until you have a good battery backup in the Apple watch. As soon as you raise your hand, the Watch will light up, and it will consume battery even if you don’t want to see the time. So better is to disable that function by approaching the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
WatchOS 6 and Later
- Step 1: Open the Watch app on iPhone > My Watch Tab.
- Step 2: Tap on General.
- Step 3: You will see Wake Screen section > an option “Wake Screen On Wrist Raise” turn it off.
WatchOS 5 or Earlier
- Step 1: Open the Watch app on iPhone.
- Step 2: tap on General
- Step 3: You will see an option “wake screen on wrist raise” turn it off.
After turning it off if you want to see the time you have to click on the button or hit the display.
8) Shut down the notifications
When you receive an email or message the screen of iWatch will blow up, and it is also a reason behind the unnecessary draining of the battery.
If you are not paying much attention to emails or messages or it doesn’t matter then at the very first moment turn off the alerts by going to settings of the Apple Watch Application.
- Step 1: Open the Watch app on the iPhone and Access the Notifications
- Step 2: Turn Off the Alerts that you won’t like.
- Step 3: That’s it.
The advantage of this function is you can turn off the alerts on particular applications from which you don’t want to get notifications.
9) Reset the watch
Resetting the iWatch is a nuclear weapon for all the problems. But the thing is you will lose all the information and data which is stored in the watch. If you want backup then, sync the data and restoring it from iPhone this will not let you lose your complete data. Follow the steps to set up a new watch.
- #1: you need to unpair the iWatch from iPhone, so open the App on iPhone
- #2: Click on the “information.”
- #3: Hit the un-pair toggle
You can also unpair it from Apple watch
For resetting the watch, few steps are given below
- #1: Tap on the digital crown to display apps.
- #2: click on settings app.
- #3: Next, open general
- #4: tap on option “Reset.”
- #5: click on “Erase all contents and settings.”
- #6: for confirmation, you have to enter the password
Hence by following these steps on Apple watch you can easily set up it to new, and most of the problems will be solved.
Helpful: Reset Apple Watch Without iPhone.
10) Use the Official Apple Watch Charger and power adapter
Apple Watch users are conflicting and in the problem with the third-party charger, Always use Apple Watch Magnetic Charger. So Apple Watch Won’t charge and taking time to fuel power.
Are you unhappy with the regular charge on the power outlet? Keep rated best apple watch power bank. And use it while driving, Outside home or office or picnic places.
Understand the correct Apple Watch Battery Life estimate and life cycle, that is unmatched with your apple watch then contact the nearest apple store.
Know apple watch the ambient temperature, Keep between 32 to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 Degree C). This is one of the most essential factors in useful Apple Watch battery improvement tips.