Last Updated on Nov 19, 2020
Finally, its a high time, you should know how to connect PS4 Controller to iPhone without jailbreak 2020, and start playing games on iPhone, iPad by connecting the game controllers like PS4 DualShock 4 and Xbox One Controller. Its official, now Apple lets you connect the gaming controller with iPhone, iPad and enjoy various games wherever you go. This tutorial is about DualShock PS4 Wireless Controller, so we’ll stick to it. For Xbox One Controller, kindly check our detailed article on How to Connect Xbox One Controller to iPhone, iPad.
Before proceeding further, charge the PS4 Controller, so it won’t disconnect in between the match. Secondly, update the iPhone, iPad to the latest firmware (Settings app > General > Software Update) to ensure seamless gaming experience on the device.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone iOS 14, iPad iPadOS 14
- Open the Settings app on iPhone, iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Toggle ON Bluetooth, if already on, then refresh the Bluetooth by disabling and re-enabling it.
- Now take the PS4 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, and press and hold the PS4 button and Share button at the same time, the light will start blinking.
- Look for the device availability in the Bluetooth Settings of the iPhone, iPad.
- When DualShock 4 Wireless Controller appears, tap on it to start the pairing process.
- Once the PS4 Controller is connected to the iPhone, iPad, the light on the PS4 Controller will stop blinking and will stay turned on.
How to Disconnect DualShock 4 Wireless Controller from iPhone, iPad
Disconnecting the DualShock 4 Wireless Controller takes less than a minute, here’s how you can disconnect the wireless controller from iPhone and iPad if you are done playing.
- Bring the Control Center on the iPhone, iPad.
- Touch and hold the Bluetooth button until the connected Bluetooth devices appear.
- Tap on the PS4 Controller to disconnect it.
How to Unpair the PS4 Controller from iPhone, iPad
If you no longer want to play the games over DualShock Controller, then here’s how to unpair it from iPhone, iPad.
- Navigate to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad.
- Open Bluetooth.
- Tap on (i) next to the paired controller.
- Lastly, tap Forget This Device.
Why Won’t My PS4 Controller Connect to My Phone
First of all, a game controller like PS4 needs the iOS 13 or later version on iPhone and iPadOS. If already updated to the iOS 13, then forcefully you need to try out few workarounds and fix the PS4 controller not connecting to iPhone.
- You cannot pair DualShock Wireless 4 with more than 1 device at the same time. So, unpair the PS4 controller from other devices and then try to pair with iPhone.
- If you can’t use certain functions of the DualShock Controller, then it’s normal, as of right now Apple won’t support the features like audio jack, etc.
- Restart the iPhone and if it doesn’t work, then move to other solutions.
Update the iPhone
I assume, your iPhone is running on iOS 13 or later, but still give a try updating the software. Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update. Make sure to connect the iPhone to the stable Wi-Fi network and must have sufficient space.
Unpair & Pair the DualShock 4 Controller
Another best solution to fix the PS4 Connecting/Disconnecting to iPhone is to completely unpair it from the iPhone and pair it again. It is like you are re-establishing the connection between iPhone and Controller, all the previous changes will be removed from the iPhone once you unpair it.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap on (i) next to the PS4 controller and tap Forget This Device.
Pressing the PS4 button for a long time and let the iPhone connects automatically with the controller. Try this for once.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.