Last Updated on Nov 20, 2020
The iPhone & iPad hardware has been upgraded to the next level, after the announcement of Apple Arcade, we can surely play hundreds of Games in our iPhone and iPad. Now you can properly enjoy games on iPhone and iPad, with the help of the world’s best gaming controller Xbox Controller. The only medium of pairing the Xbox Controller to the iPhone and iPad is via Bluetooth. So you’ll need Bluetooth enabled Xbox Controller, this article will show you how to know which Xbox controller supports Bluetooth and which isn’t. Keep note that, if the Xbox Controller doesn’t work with the iPhone or iPad during gameplay, it might be possible that the particular game is not compatible with the gaming controller.
Most of the games support the gaming controller so if you already own Xbox Controller, then why not make it of use by connecting to iPhone and iPad. Learn how to Connect Xbox One controller with iPhone and iPad iOS 14-iPadOS 14.
Pair Xbox One Controller to iPhone iOS 14 and iPad iPadOS 14
How to Determine Whether You Have Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth Xbox Controller?
The Bluetooth enabled Xbox Controller’s Xbox button isn’t mixed up with the black color portion, while the Bluetooth incompatible Xbox controller’s Xbox button is covered by the plastic portion, as you can check from the below image.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to iPhone, iPad
- Navigate to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- If you are pairing the Xbox One for the first time, then press and hold the Xbox button for approx 5s until the white light starts blinking.
- If the Xbox One Controller is already paired with any other device or Xbox itself, then press the Xbox button to turn on and then hold the Reset button.
- The White Blinking Light on Xbox Button indicates that the controller is ready to pair.
- Now, look at the iPhone/iPad Bluetooth settings. A pop-up might appear saying, “Xbox Wireless Controller would like to pair with your iPhone”, tap Pair.
- If you don’t find Xbox Controller, then disable and re-enable the Bluetooth of the iPhone.
- Tap on Xbox Wireless Controller to pair in the iPhone Bluetooth Settings menu.
- Once the Controller is paired with the iPhone, the while light on the Xbox button will stop blinking and will stay turned on.
How to Unpair the Xbox One Controller from iPhone, iPad
Powering off the controller won’t help, because the next time you turn on the Xbox Controller and iOS device’s Bluetooth is enabled, the gaming controller will automatically reconnect to the iPhone, iPad. Therefore, unpairing the Controller is the best option if you no longer want to play games.
- On the iPhone, iPad, go to the Settings
- Tap Bluetooth,
- Tap on (i), next to the Xbox Wireless Controller.
- Lastly, Forget This Device.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.