Among all the iOS 14 astounding releases, the center of attraction was Picture-in-Picture. Knowing that many people immediately ran towards the YouTube App, but it appears, that YouTube doesn’t have an option for PIP Mode, isn’t it? You may have used the PIP mode in Mac or Windows, it’s a great way to continue our work while watching the YouTube video in a small frame. For Apple users, Picture in Picture mode is something new, despite waiting such a long they have finally made it available. While in Android, picture-in-picture was launched a few years before, however, there is no meaning comparing the Android’s PIP and Apple’s Picture in Picture, since they have their own limitations.
This tutorial is entirely all about the picture in the picture, how does it works, what apps work with a picture in picture on iOS 14, and everything that you must know before using this feature. Without wasting time, let’s dive into the article.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
How to Play YouTube Video in Picture in Picture on iOS 14 iPhone?
What is Picture in Picture in iOS 14?
Picture in picture in iOS 14 is rather different, basically, when you want to explore your phone, reply to threads, watch social profiles, FaceTime someone, or anything, but also the Movie or Video that you are already watching is too important, under such circumstances, picture in picture comes in handy.
Certainly, when you close any app compatible with a picture in picture, on closing that app, it automatically turns into a small frame, which can be adjusted anywhere on the screen. Even you can hide the picture in the picture mode screen, whilst the audio will play in the background.
What are the Apps that work with Picture in Picture Mode on iOS 14?
Certainly, not all the applications of your iPhone and iPad work with the PIP mode, so here’s the list of the features that support picture in picture on iOS 14.
- Apple TV
- A third-party application that works with a picture in picture mode on iPad.
How to Use Picture in Picture Mode on YouTube on Safari, Google Chrome, or Other?
Unfortunately, YouTube App doesn’t support the picture in picture mode officially, however, you can use YouTube in Safari and go for a picture in picture mode.
- Go to the Safari app or any Browser Like Google Chrome on your iPhone.
- Then, Open Youtube.com
- Now, play any YouTube video that you put in pip mode.
- Zoom in or Full-Screen mode from to the bottom-right corner in Player control of the YouTube video.
- The video will play in full screen, Tap on Picture in Picture mode next to the settings gear to enable PIP mode.
- It’s pretty easy, isn’t it? Don’t Close the browser, And move to Home screen and Do work with other apps without stopping youtube video.
- We can drag and move on the Home screen, So Content on App & Home screen doesn’t overlay with Youtube video.
- Also, we can Resize video Preview on-screen, Double tap on PIP video.
- Swipe left or right to hide from the screen completely without Close or Stop video.
- That’s it.