Is Microsoft Word Crashes or Quits Unexpectedly on Mac? “Word keeps crashing when saving”. In some cases word app not responding, for example, Word quit unexpectedly Mac recover document, Microsoft Word app install Backup quit unexpectedly. Get here Potential Fix.
At a time open MAC’s MS office document version 2004, 2008, and 2011 on macOS. Most of the time MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint giving the error “Microsoft Word Quit unexpectedly on Mac” at the time of open a new document or open a saved on Mac. But you can solve this error and open your document without losing data. Microsoft gave a perfect solution to how a fixed problem can’t access your document.
Useful: How to Apply restriction on use installed Mac app
Note: Below solution (Microsoft Word Won’t Open on Mac) works very well on your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Mini.
Try Solution to Fix Word Not Opening on Mac
Here’s are the best trusted alternate possible solution on Microsoft Word quite unexpectedly on Mac. So follow the below steps to resolve. you can also send a report to apple by click on reopen from the error popup window.
- Step 1: When you open the document, maybe you will receive an update message, Don’t ignore it and proceed with the update.
- Step 2: Click on Check for the update.
- Step 3: Weight for gathering necessary updates for your running Mac’s MS Word.
- Step 4: Now, Go for the update. Next, you have to wait for download files for updates and after completed the download, install on Your Mac.
- Step 5: Now Open your MS document, You will successfully read and write on it.
Alternate Solution: Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly on Mac Yosemite
- Step 1: Copy folder path:
~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/Office 2011 AutoRecovery/
Change your folder name to the office version you are currently using.
- Step 2: Copy the whole path. Right-click on it: Service > Reveal in Finder. And From the top menu tab, Go > Go to folder.
- Step 3: From there you will see the auto-save document, just remove from it or move in to trace.
- Step 4: Now, try again for open word document on Mac.
3rd way to Solve Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly on Mac
Go to the Library > Application Support > Microsoft > move document named com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist to Desktop. force close you all device might be occurring error.
Reopen the document. Now it should be resolved.
Still facing a problem with Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly on my Mac. have you another way to fix out also, comment in the below box. We will be glad to assist you and your colleague.