Why is Bluetooth Not Working on iOS 13 on iPhone after the update and other Bluetooth issues, While we are trying to connect with Bluetooth accessories or other Apple devices? For different use like AirPlay (Apple TV), Handoff (Mac, Apple Watch) or AirDrop (Mac), AirPods, CarPlay (Maps, Phone Calls, Messages, Music, app and more), Bluetooth Keyboard (Magic Keyboard, Apple Wireless Keyboard, and Other Third-Party Bluetooth Keyboard). Find common mistakes and relative fix for Bluetooth Not Working in iOS 13 or iPadOS.
In most of the cases, bluetooth will fix very quickly using the troubleshooting steps given here. Read it carefully and get fixed Bluetooth after iOS 13 update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Also, Quickly Turn off or Turn on Bluetooth from the control center on the iPhone. On Compatible iPhone models: iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s.
Consider to Fix iOS 13 Bluetooth not working on iPhone, iPad
Video Guide that will help you to fix your iPhone bluetooth problems
1. Restart or Turn off/Turn bluetooth on iPhone, iPad
Bluetooth Shortcut control on Control Center network card looks like a buggy. So we do it from Settings app like, Control Center network Card is an excellent shortcut for turn on Bluetooth [But I Experienced that not turn on Bluetooth really].
- Step #1: Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad
- Step #2: Next, Tap on Bluetooth and Disable/Enable Bluetooth toggle on a single tap.
Now, Bluetooth we can also turn on from lock screen or home screen control center but some of the times bluetooth not turn on correctly. So do it manually from the settings app.
Switch Wi-Fi Network & Bluetooth from Control Panel on iOS 13 & iPadOS or Later
in iOS 13 and later, Open the Control panel – tap & hold on Bluetooth icon – You will get a popup to Switch Bluetooth device along with you can directly go to Bluetooth Settings screen on both iOS 13 and iPadOS.
Similar steps also work for the Wi-Fi network too.
Once we turned on Bluetooth on iOS device, Your iPhone, iPad or iPod automatically scan the device and list of the name in just below under the Devices section.
2. Restart or Reboot iPhone/ iPad and Accessories
Re-start will help to fix the problem, Once reboot the iOS device and try to connect or pair a bluetooth device with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Sometimes you will get your bluetooth settings to screen stuck or unresponsive.
- To Restart: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and Hold Sleep/Wake button until you see the slide to power off option on the screen.
Also, Restart Bluetooth accessories
Also, Hard Reset or Reboot Device
Method for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XS/XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X/ iPhone 8/8 Plus users,
- 1: Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- 2: Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- 3: Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start the iPhone, Again press Side button until startup apple logo on the screen.
- The iPhone 6S or Earlier users: Press Sleep/Wake + Home button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- The iPhone 7/7 Plus users: Press Sleep/Wake + Volume down button At least 10 seconds.
3. Unable to Scan Accessories or Not discovering Devices
Make sure bluetooth is correctly working on bluetooth accessories or other systems for that we want to connect it.
Bluetooth not finding devices or Not Showing name: Double-check the name of the device is correct,
Also check Bluetooth is turned on Accessories (Headphone, Speaker) or Apple Devices (Apple TV, Mac, Apple Watch and CarPlay). I recommend to disable or enable bluetooth on the third-party device.
Bluetooth Accessories already connected to Other iOS device or System. Some auto-pairing bluetooth gadgets do this under a particular area.
4. Update iOS and Bluetooth device software update
Check for new iOS update is available, Apple test and improve all connectivity problems regularly. From experience, iOS users getting fix bluetooth problem after an upgrade.
Past iOS 11 version has a big bug on Bluetooth, While wi turn on from the control center network card, Bluetooth does not start. [After that fix in iOS 13]. So Apple gives a new update after a month approx time interval.
- Go to the Settings app > General > Software Update.
- Bluetooth is connected but not working: Some smart speakers and sound system (JBL, Sony, Boss, Phillips, and many others) also get a new software update, please update it by help on official site or customer service.
5. Disconnect or Forgot This Device: connection unsuccessful
To reset Bluetooth connectivity between specific device then we can do.
- 1: Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad
- 2: Tap on Bluetooth, Enable Bluetooth toggle to see the list of devices history.
- 3: Now, Under My Devices list, Tap on the (i) icon near to device name.
- 4: See Two Bluetooth connection option,
- Disconnect: Tap Disconnect for release Bluetooth connection between them.
- Forget This Device: This option is removed device under bluetooth and Also other device details as well. Fix Bluetooth connection unsuccessful.
6. iPhone bluetooth spinning Wheel
To proper Bluetooth connection, both devices should be in range.
- Keep your iPhone near to bluetooth accessories if you experience bluetooth auto disconnecting (Dropping) or interrupting setup or connection. Also, your iPhone bluetooth icon blinking on Top status Bar due to distance.
- Apple is recommending to keep your iOS device near about 30 feet.
- If you know of New iPhone model, Apple Added Bluetooth 4.0 So we could catch the device around up to 330 feet.
- Alternatively, we can use the iPhone Bluetooth Extender.
7. Reset All Settings
Erase all the connectivity detail entirely from your iOS device from Settings. This ideal solution for Bluetooth Setting won’t work or Grayed out.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Next, Tap on General
- Under the General, > Scroll down to last and Tap on Reset.
- See, Reset all the Settings.
- Restart the iPhone and try to connect bluetooth.
8. Bluetooth, not auto-connecting to a previously paired device
Bluetooth is not connecting automatically that means it already linked to other Device.
Or, You previously forgot device from your iOS settings manually.
9. Poor Sound quality over Bluetooth
Are you getting unbalanced or poor sound quality in your bluetooth headphone, Check the below steps,
- 1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes on Mac
- 2. Click on your Device (Upper-Left corner) > Summary > Configure Accessibility.
Now, Uncheck Mono audio if activated > Click Ok to make changes. Otherwise, ignore this setting. Now you will get improved bass and sound quality back.
10. Unable to pair iPhone Bluetooth on Mac: Pairing Unsuccessful
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone, Find Mac under Other Devices.
- Tap on Mac Name > Accept Bluetooth connection permission on Mac.
- Open System preference on Mac, Bluetooth > Open bluetooth preferences and See the list of bluetooth accessories.
- If your Mac Doesn’t see iOS devices in the list, then Restart your Mac and check again.
11. iPhone Bluetooth cannot connect AirPods or Car Stereo
For AirPods: Unlock your iPhone and open home screen, Next Open AirPods case near your iPhone screen. Get the “continue” option on the screen and “Done.”
Apple also seeds new AirPods firmware, but we nothing to do it will auto-update.
Also Read: AirPods disconnecting on iPhone, iPad
- CarPlay: Limited car models have built-in CarPlay, Now check CarPlay Support Wireless connectivity or USB port.
- That support iOS functionality directly accesses on big CarPlay screen and extra control of your car. Like Music, Receive call, Text Message and more.
- CarPlay Showing Connecting iPhone with Car Stereo: Unpair iOS device, Restart CarPlay by restart car
- Install CarPlay Firmware Updates
- Correctly set up iPhone with CarPlay, Enjoy over Bluetooth
12. Pair Apple Watch with iPhone
We won’t connect Apple Watch Bluetooth, with iPhone because you need My Watch app and set up manually.
13: Bluetooth Antenna: Hardware Problems
Check Your iPhone warranty status and Get free replacement or repair from Apple. Check, your iPhone does under free 1-year warranty coverage.
- Contact Accessory Manufacturer
14. Get Apple Help!
Premium Support is Free Now
Bluetooth is consuming more Power over bluetooth; we are suggesting to keep Best iPhone power banks from your need. And Enjoy iPhone bluetooth battery drain.
Find the nearest Apple store or Ask your problem to the genius bar about Bluetooth not working in iOS.