Last Updated on Sep 22, 2022
Why is GPS Not Working on my iPhone? Is that your problem? Don’t worry, we are here to give you a complete guide to Location Services Not Working on iPhone. Most of the time our iPhone shows errors while using GPS but it is quite easy to get rid of such errors “location not available iPhone“.
There are a few common issues like No GPS Signal, Apps can’t find your location, GPS showing the incorrect location, etc. Doesn’t matter what the problem is, follow the tutorial, and fix iPhone GPS not working.
Resolve GPS not working on iPhone
Fix 1: Make sure that Signal is Strong
If your iPhone is facing difficulties while using GPS then the possible cause behind this can be weak signal strength. Move to another open place to get a better signal in your device and let your device analyze the signal.
Fix 2: Check out Location Services
GPS won’t work in iPhone if you haven’t enabled Location Services on your device. Hence if you want to use GPS then you have to turn on Location Services as follows,
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Privacy & Security”.
- Step #3: Select “Location Services” and toggle it on.
To Toggle On-Location Services for particular apps, For example, Location Service not working for Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Google Maps, Apple Maps, Waze, Sygic GPS, CityMaps2Go then go with the following instruction,
So when you tap on a particular app then you will find three different options,
- Never, this option will prevent your app from using Location Services.
- While using the app, so while you launch the particular app only at that time the app will use Location Services.
- Always, this option will allow the app to use Location Services always.
Note: it may be Possible the particular App server down or it’s under maintenance activity today and that’s why service may be affected.
However, you have to make a selection among these three options depending on your needs. Disable Location Services for the apps that you don’t want. There are few applications that always need Location Services for proper function since if you haven’t selected the Always option for them the GPS won’t work in iPhone.
Fix 3: Refresh Location Services
It might be possible that some glitch is preventing GPS from working on the iPhone, so firstly to fix iPhone GPS not working to refresh the Location Services. Once you toggle Off and On the GPS try to use the Location Services.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Privacy”.
- Step #3: Toggle Off/On-Location Services.
Fix 4: Reset Network and All Location
Still, GPS not working on iPhone then there could be some serious problem with your device. So there is only one way to fix Location Services not working iPhone that is Reset Network Settings as well as Reset Location & Privacy.
in iOS 16
- Step 1→ Open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2→ Tap on General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Step 3→ Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. Enter your iPhone passcode, Now, Your iPhone will reset your Location and Privacy settings to Factory defaults. Go with the Reset Settings. Don’t be afraid this will not erase the other Saved Data from apps, Media files, and Settings.
in iOS 15 or older,
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Open “General”.
- Step #3: Tap on “Reset”.
- Step #4: Select “Reset Network Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter the passcode and let your iPhone reboots.
Once your iPhone gets restart to check if the GPS is working or not? If not then follow the same above Steps 1-3 and then move further to Step 6.
Step #6: Next, tap “Reset Location & Privacy”.
This will erase past settings concern Location services and gives a fresh approach to GPS function. However, your Apple phone GPs won’t work then you can attempt the bottom listed guide.
Fix 5: Hard Reboot Your iPhone
Let your iPhone gets some space, this is one of the simplest ways to free up the processor and memory by deleting the temporary data from your iPhone. This can be done by Force Restarting iPhone.
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button, then
- Step #3: Hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Now, you can turn Phone On again by pressing and holding on the Side button.
Fix 6: Restore your iPhone
If anything didn’t work at all to fix GPS not working iPhone, then it’s time to wipe out your device and make it clean by removing bugs and malware. Here we will restore iPhone to factory settings using iTunes. But before you restore your device you must take a Backup iPhone of the entire data.
- Step #1: Connect your iPhone with the Mac/PC using a lightning cable.
- Step #2: Launch “Finder” or “iTunes” on your PC or Mac.
- Step #3: Select your iPhone that appears left-top on the sidebar.
- Step #4: Now, select the “Summary” tab.
- Step #5: On the other side select “Restore iPhone”.
Fix 7: Downgrade iOS from the latest to the Old one
In case GPS not working after update iPhone then you need to downgrade to the previous iOS version. So this is the last option to fix GPS not working in iPhone. Here’s Tip to Downgrade iOS.
Sometimes hardware faults may bring up GPS issues on smartphones and in this case, the user will have to go to the particular phone maker, so in your case, you have the Apple iPhone, therefore contact Apple Support. You can access support via telephone, chat, or visit nearby Apple stores.
To save you time, you should make an appointment so you will get service right time and won’t need to sit in the queue.
Don’t miss sharing your experience that becomes helpful to fix your Phone’s GPS problem.