Last Updated on Apr 15, 2020
The iDevice’s on which the people using it becomes unstable. Because it is causing a lot of problems like iPhone freezing after iOS update, iPhone running slow after iOS update and much more. Not only the old iPhone’s or iPad’s are slowed down but also the newest iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, and iPhone 7, 6 (6 Plus) are freezing after iOS update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
This issue spoils the experience of using the iPhone and makes people annoying. If in case you also belong to that annoyed iPhone user then don’t worry I can help you to troubleshoot the iPhone running slow after iOS update.
iPhone Running Slow After iOS update: Get Fix
Fix 1). Enable Dark Mode
System Dark mode Feature on the latest iOS/iPadOS On iPhone/iPad allows you to experience less strain on your Eyes mostly on a night time. We can enable Dark mode from iPhone/iPad settings app and Control center also. So System-Wide Dark mode makes your Screen Dark apart from text, so most of the part of the screen will remain black that saves power. Let’s check this tutorial on how to Enable Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad [Manually or Auromatically]. Settings > Display & Brightness > Dark mode.
Fix 2). Turn off Unwanted Notification
If you are getting a frequent notification on your iPhone lock screen or Home screen, Then you have to customize it, That means turn off Notification for the Selected app only that is unwanted about Sell, Reminder and Chat App. My Personally Blacklisted App that sends a frequent notification on iPhone [Mail app (Enable Notification from Selected mail Account only), Reddit(Only Enable Important mail account), Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, WhatApp Group and more].
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Notifications.
- Now, Scroll to the List of Apps and Tap on App name to disable or Turn off notification completely.
- Disable the toggle “Allow Notifications“.
- That’s it.
Fix 3): Turn off Background App Refresh
Background App Refresh creates the burden on the device and uses most of the memory and RAM of the iPhone. So it is advisable to turn off this feature when you face any difficulty while using the iPhone.
- Step #1: Launch “Settings”.
- Step #2: Open “General” and turn off “Background App Refresh”.
Fix 4): Enable Reduce Motion
Toggle on Reduce Motion will stop all the parallax of apps and animations which will result in improved speed of the iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone > Accessibility.
- Next, Find and Tap on Motion.
- Now, Enable the toggle for Reduce Motion.
- That’s it.
iOS 12 or earlier
- Step #1: Go to “Settings” and open “General”.
- Step #2: Click on “Accessibility”.
- Step #3: Tap “Reduce Motion” to enable it.
sometimes due to disabled animation on your phone, you might face phone screen lagging. that’s why you should toggle on Reduce motion. This logic may also satisfied your slow phone issues.
Fix 5): Enable Reduce Transparency
Now we will turn off the reduced transparency which will reduce the background see-through effects of the device.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Step #2: There open “Accessibility”.
- Step #3: Next, “Increase Contrast” and tap on “Reduce Transparency”. And Enable Reduce Transparency.
Fix 6): Hard Reboot Your iOS Device
Usually, a small problem can be fixed by rebooting the iPhone. Only you have to use your fingers intelligently.
For iPhone 11(Pro Max), XS Max/XS/XR/X/iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus users
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume up button.
- Step #2: now Press and quickly release the Volume down button.
- Step #3: Now, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo arrives on the Screen after the black screen.
- Step 1: Press and hold the Home button and Power button same time until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus users
- Step 1: Press and hold Volume Down button and power button simultaneously for a minimum of 10 seconds.
Fix 7): Stop Auto-Update Apps
As I said, it consumes memory and processor which ultimately result in the slow down of the iPhone. When storage gets low it may affect the performance of the device.
- Step #1: Go to “Settings”.
- Step #2: Scroll down and find “Apps and iTunes Stores”.
- Step #3: There turn off “Auto-Update Apps”.
Fix 8): Update your Apps
If apps aren’t responding properly then it may possible that they are not compatible with iOS 12, so go to App Store and update the apps.
Fix 9): Delete Unused Apps [You can Enable offload feature]
The apps which you don’t use delete them and free up some space on your iPhone. To get the detail of which app is using how much storage follows the steps. you can also take the help of enabling offload Apps.
Premium Support is Free Now
- Step 1: In the “Settings”, tap “General”.
- Step 2: Next “Storage and iCloud Usage” and then “Manage Storage”.
Fix 10): Wipe Your iPhone (Backup > Erase > Restore)
This process will take some hours depends on Data saved on your iPhone. So First Backup your iPhone data to Finder/iTunes on Mac or PC. Now Erase the Device and Restore Latest Backup to Copy all data back to your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Next, Scroll to General > Reset.
- Now, Tap on Erase All Content & Settings. [This option will wipe your iPhone completely like a new].
- That’s it. Now Restore Backup data to iPhone using the Restore iPhone process.
Do you have any other way that I haven’t put on this list to fix the iPhone running Slow after the iOS update?