Last Updated on Nov 21, 2020
Unvailed from macOS Catalina, macOS allow you privilege to Enable Auto Dark Mode on Mac, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro. System-wide dark mode support all the mac apps and Third-Party apps as well that is supporting dark mode. Here’s the guide on Turn on Dark mode in different ways like System Preferences, Control center on Mac for macOS Big Sur, and later Updates. Dark mode with Dynamic wallpaper on mac feel stunning look and feels according to Sunset to sunrise. That’s really great and happens with your MacOS only.
Since last year’s update has become the history, now we have all-new macOS Catalina or later with a pack of unpredictable functions. Alongside, Dark Mode got updated with macOS Catalina which means, now you can enable Auto Dark Mode on Mac, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. Learn how to turn on Auto Dark Mode on macOS Catalina/Big Sur,
Dark Mode Not Working on MacBook, Mac
Auto Dark Mode in Mac available after MacOS Catalina & later update only. Previous MacOS Version has only Dark mode but we can’t set schedule for Enable/Disable Dark mode.
Steps for Enable/Turn on Auto Dark Mode on MacOS Catalina (10.15) or Later
- Step #1: Click on the “Apple logo” icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Step #2: Select “System Preferences”.
- Step #3: Click on “General”.
This is it. From now on, there is no need to enable Dark Mode again and again. Your Mac will automatically turn on for you.
Apart from this, below there are more settings available such as Accent color, Highlight color and Sidebar icon size which can be used to customize the entire look of Mac.
- Accent Color:- It is used to change the color of buttons, pop-ups menus, UI Controls, etc.
- Sidebar icon size:- Select the size for Mail Sidebar and Finder Sidebar from small, medium and large icon sizes.
- Highlight color:- It allows you to change the color appears when you highlight the text.
2 Method: Use Control center on MacBook, Mac
macOS Big Sur users can use the Control center for easily turn on Dark mode on MacBook, Mac. Follow the below steps and Enable the Control center from the desktop menu.
- Click on the Control center icon from top Mac Menu.
- Next, Click on Display > Here’s the Dark mode shortcut. Just click on it and Enable.
- That’s it.
It is not the end of macOS Catalina features, a lot more changes are made and new capabilities have been included in Mac. For instance, do you know What is Sidecar in macOS Catalina? Actually, if you want then you can make the iPad as a second screen for Mac using Sidecar. Unfortunately, Sidecar doesn’t work with all the Macs check out the list of Sidecar supported Mac and how it works.
Just Like System-Wide Dark mode in iOS 13 or later on iPhone and iPad. we can do it for your Mac as well from Mac’s Dark mode settings.