Last Updated on Aug 2, 2022
What sort of problem are you facing with Microsoft Outlook on Windows and MacOS? Is Outlook crashing on startup or not opening at all? Whatever the problem is, in this article we’ve addressed the best possible solutions to deal with Microsoft Outlook won’t open on Mac and Windows 10. The most common reasons behind this can be corrupted files, corrupted profile, navigation pane problems, and damaged Add-Ins. Once they are alright, there won’t be an issue with Outlook and its programs.
We’ve bifurcated solutions to fix the Outlook not opening for MacOS and Windows PC. If you have Windows PC, then refer to the first section, and for Mac jump to the next section to fix the Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook Not Opening on Mac, Windows PC
Fix Outlook Won’t Open Windows PC
Solution 1: Use Outlook in Safe Mode
Starting Outlook in Safe Mode is a great initiative to fix the Microsoft Outlook won’t open Windows 10. It will disable all the extensions and add-ins to reduce the load from the app and only default services will be available in Safe Mode. Here’s how to use Outlook in Safe Mode.
- While holding the CTRL Key, click on the Outlook App.
- A prompt will ask you to open the Outlook in Safe Mode, click Yes to go ahead and open Outlook in Safe Mode.
Solution 2: Disable Add-ins
How many Add-ins have you installed in Outlook? Kindly check the number of add-ins and disable the ones that you don’t need right now. Having more add-in could cause random issues like this and of course slow down the system.
- Launch the Outlook App on your PC.
- Click on File in the top menu bar.
- Select Options.
- Select Add-ins.
- Look for the Manage section and click Go.
- Uncheck the checkbox of Add-ins to disable them.
- Lastly, click OK.
Solution 3: Repair Outlook App
Microsoft Outlook App has built-in repairing tool, that automatically detects the reasons why the problem has occurred and fixes it. Here you will get solution to how do I fix Outlook not opening?
- Close rest of the applications on your PC.
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel.
- In the top-right side, select Category in the View By section.
- Under Programs, click on Uninstall a program.
- Right click on Microsoft Office and choose Change.
- Next, choose Repair or Online Repair option when appear and click Yes when asked to run the repairing process.
- Let the Outlook App fixes its problems, once it is done, close the Outlook App and restart the PC.
Solution 4: Repair Outlook Profile
Apart from Outlook App, there are some cases where I’ve seen corrupted Outlook Profiles. How do you fix corrupted Outlook Profile? Well, use the default repair program of Outlook App and fix it.
- Open the Outlook App on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on File in the top menu bar.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select Email tab.
- Find and click on Repair. This will take you to the repair wizard.
- Note: Repair Wizard is not available for Outlook Exchange Accounts.
- Follow on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Solution 5: Repair Outlook PST Files
All the data and files of your Outlook App is stored in a single .pst file, if that file is corrupted, it’s obvious to have such errors. However, you will need to download Inbox Repair Tool from Microsoft and install it.
- Close the Outlook App on your PC.
- Download the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Open the Inbox Repair Tool once it is downloaded.
- Click Browse.
- Find the .pst file and choose Start.
- Let the tool find the errors, when you see any Error, click Repair.
- Lastly close Outlook and restart it.
Solution 6: Reset Navigation Pane
Here’s how to reset navigation pane,
- At first, Quit the Outlook App.
- Press the Windows+R button.
- Paste the outlook.exe /resetnavpane in the Run dialogue box.
- Click OK.
- Launch the Outlook and observe the Outlook app.
Fix Outlook Not Opening on Mac
Solution 1: Update Outlook App
Is Outlook not responding on Mac? Are you running the updated version of Outlook? Check the Outlook App for the updates and see if it can fix the Outlook issues.
- Open the Outlook App.
- Click on Help.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Choose Update and download the updates if available.
Solution 2: Rebuild Outlook Database
Rebuilding the Outlook Database might resolve the Outlook not opening on the MacBook.
Note: If you’re using Microsoft Outlook Exchange, then make sure to back up the Outlook Data which is stored on the PC, otherwise, the data not synced with the Server will be gone.
- Close the rest of the applications on Mac before rebuilding the Outlook database on Mac.
- While holding the Option key, click on the Outlook App to open the Microsoft Database Utility.
- Choose the database that you want to rebuild.
- Select Rebuild.
- Restart the Outlook when the process is done.