Table of Contents Show
Is Microsoft Teams not loading or opening on Mac? “Loading Microsoft Teams…” Several users have reported the Teams App not working on MacBook Mac; it stopped all of a sudden or After an update macOS. It could be Team’s app itself causing the problem, and you’re blaming the Mac; we are not sure why Teams is not working on MacOS; however, we’ll suggest the best solutions to figure out the issue and get it worked. Teams App is much handier in passing documents, messages; while the meeting goes on, it’s no less than any other video conferencing app like Zoom, Google Meet, etc.
If you’re experiencing the same issue and unable to use Microsoft Teams App on Mac, you would possibly be looking for solutions to get it fixed. We’ve prepared some potential workaround to fix the Teams app.
Fix Microsoft Teams Not Working and Won’t Open & Loading in Mac
1. Force Quit Teams App
If you’re experiencing issues with Microsoft Teams App and are unable to open the Teams App in Mac, the first thing that should be done is force stopping the app from the background. By this, all the processes and activities related to the Teams App will be terminated by the macOS, and even if any program is crashing in the background will be fixed in one go.
- To force quit the Teams App, press the Option+Command+Esc.
- Select Microsoft Teams App.
- Click the Force Quit button.
2. Remove Teams Folder
Another worth trying troubleshooting is to remove the cache associated with the Teams App. The system and app-generated cache files make the operation smoother and faster. However, not all the time, cache benefits the system and could create issues while using it.
Finder stores all the cache files and folders of applications installed in Mac. We’ll remove the cache from the Finder and restart the Mac.
- Open Finder.
- Click on Go > Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches and hit Return key.
- Locate and remove com.microsoft.teams folder.
- Likewise, navigate to the ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams and delete the following folders.
- Application Cache/Cache
- Local Storage
3. Reinstall Microsoft Teams App
Still, the Microsoft Teams app won’t open MacBook, Mac? It’s time you should delete and reinstall the Teams App from Mac. Once uninstalled, kindly restart the Mac, and then download the Teams App from the Mac App Store. Deleting the app removes all the files and folders from the Mac-related to the Teams App.
- Launch the Finder App.
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Drag the Teams app to the Trash Bin.
- Then right-click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash to ensure the Teams app is removed from the Mac.
- Now reboot the Mac.
- Later, open the Microsoft Team download page [Download for Desktop] and download Teams App.
- Install the DMG package file on mac and open from mac luanchpad.
4. Use Teams Web
If you’re annoyed by the Teams App in Mac, it’s better to switch to Teams Web instead of spending time on fixing the Teams App. The best and quick solution is to open the Teams Web and attend the meeting when the Teams App stops working.
➡️ Here’s Microsoft Teams Weblink
Other MS Teams Issue on Mac Computer
We can fix all other issues by installing compatible Microsoft Teams on Supported Public macOS. That if you missed out on any latest MacOS or Microsoft Teams then you might get an issue of Microsoft Teams slow, Keep Crashing, or Won’t open. if the Microsoft Teams open slowly then Read the fix and follow the solution.
- Check Microsoft Teams Up-to-date: Open Microsoft Teams, Click on Profile icon > Click on Check for Update.
- For MacOS On Mac: Apple Logo from top Mac menu > Software Update.
Open Teams Web in any web browser and attend the meetings from there if the Teams App is not working for you right now.